file Card ideas: new toys for the Bahari

20 Sep 2011 09:35 #10601 by Disco_Stu
Hi all,

The Bahari are a dark heresy centred around the worship of Lilith, Dark Mother of all vampires. It's a cult that riddles the Sabbat and some Independent bloodlines - most notably, the Daughters of Cacophony (according to source material, rather than the most recent official storyline)

So, what do we have to indicate what Bahari might do? At present, Path of Lilith (torture counters), Lilith's Blessing (blood gain, discipline gain) and Infamous Insurgent (untap tech, as well as Red List, anarch and infernal crossover... it's a busy card :))

So how about we run with those themes, add a few more, and see how we go...

Dark Mother’s Blessing
:modifier:
Only usable by a non-Bahari vampire, after a successful action.
This vampire becomes Bahari, and either gains 1 blood or may burn 1 blood to untap.

Dark Mother’s Gift
:master:
When you put this card in play, move 1 blood from each Bahari you control to this card. Each time this card is tapped, remove a counter. Burn this card when the last counter is removed.
Tap this card to add a torture counter to a vampire. Tap this card to move 1 blood from the blood bank to a vampire in your uncontrolled region. Tap this card to burn 1 blood from a vampire with a torture counter.

Dark Mother’s Song
:action:
Requires a Bahari. Unique.
:mel: (d) Inflict 1 damage or add a torture counter to a vampire controlled by another Methuselah.
:MEL: as above, and put this card in play. You may burn Dark Mother’s Song when a Bahari is acting to give all minions –X intercept, where X is the number of torture counters they have.

Recruitment Drive
:action:
Requires a Bahari. +1 stealth action.
:pre: move the top card of your crypt to your uncontrolled region.
:PRE: (d) Choose a non-Bahari vampire. That vampire either burns 2 blood or becomes Bahari.

So, what do you think? What themes do you think Bahari cards should have?

cheers
Disco Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2011 10:58 #10688 by Baaliprimogen
Like your idea with the torture counters. I have made some cards to. But mine is a little against the bahari as well. Feel they need some anti cards, or I'm afraid they'll be to powerful.

My truth
Action Modifier
+1 bleed if the Methuselah you are bleeding has a minion of the same sub-sect as the acting vampire (Bahari, Anarch, Black Hand)

Lillian Hierophant
Action
Requiers a Bahari. Unique
This Bahari gains 2 additional votes. Any titled vampire of the same sect may burn this card as a (D) action.

All Hail Lillitu
Action
Requiers a Bahari
This vampire gains +x bleed. Where X is the number of torture counters controlled on the methuselah beeing bleed. Any non-bahari vampire may enter combat with this vampire.

Power of Lillith
Master
Cost X
Requiers Bahari
Put this card on a vampire you control and choose either :mel: :myt: :obe: :san: :spi: :tem: :thn: :val: :vis: . This vampire gains 1 level of that Discipline. X is the number of other Power of Lillith in play.

I know what you are!
Action
Cost 1 pool.
(D) Only usable against a Bahari of the same non-independent sect. That Bahari goes to topor and becomes independent.

Collecting the Bounty
Action Modifier/Reaction
Usable by a tapped vampire.
Only usable after a combat involving this Vampire and a minion with a contract naming this Vampire. Only usable if the opposing minion is not ready and this Vampire is ready. This Vampire gains a Trophy that is in play, and the contract is burned if still in play.

Clensing the herasy.
Requiers a Justicar, Inner Circle, Regent, Priscus or Cardinal
Political Action
If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. All non-Bahari vampires gets +1 intercept against actions made by Bahari vampires. And the may enter combat with them as a +1 stealth (D) action.

Judgment: Bahari
Type: Action
Requires: prince,justicar, Archbishop, Cardinal, Priscus
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. Each Methuselah controlling a Bahari vampire burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase. Any Methuselah may burn this card by burning a Bahari vampire he or she controls during his or her master phase.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
23 Sep 2011 14:35 #10881 by Ashur
I suggest:

Miller Delmardigan, Teacher of Bahari
[CEL]
[AUS][pro]
Toreador antitribu
Capacity: 8
Group: 2
Advanced, Sabbat: While Miller is ready, any Bahari vampire´s bleed action costs an additional blood and gets +1 bleed.

... or something like that. A bit boring maybe.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
23 Sep 2011 22:00 #10887 by Juggernaut1981
Miller Delmardigan, Teacher of Bahari [ADV]
Toreador Antitribu
:CEL: :PRE: :aus: :pro:
Sabbat. Miller has +1 intercept when attempting to block Bahari vampires. Miller has +1 bleed when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a Bahari.
MERGED: Sabbat Bahari. If another player controls a ready Bahari, Miller gains 2 votes.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
25 Sep 2011 06:00 #10921 by Disco_Stu
Hi Juggernaut,

The advanced Miller doesn't play up the 'teacher' angle as much as I'd expect, and I can't imagine you'd want to put him into a deck unless you're going to merge him. What about this instead..?

Miller Delmardigan, Teacher of Bahari :adv:
!tore!
:CEL: :PRE: :aus: :pro:
Sabbat. Bahari. If a vampire opposing Miller in combat goes to torpor, put a torture counter on that vampire. Miller has +1 intercept when blocking a vampire with a torture counter.
:merged: When Miller merges, move up to two Master: Discipline cards from your ash heap to a Bahari that you control.

This version would need to be weakened if torture counters became more prevalent, but I think it is fairly balanced with only Path of Lilith around at present.

cheers
Disco Stu

More
25 Sep 2011 09:33 #10934 by Juggernaut1981
Miller Delmardigan, Teacher of Bahari
!tore!
:CEL::PRE::aus::pro:
Sabbat Bahari. If a vampire opposing Miller goes to torpor, and Miller does not, put a torture counter on that vampire. Miller has +1 intercept when attempting to block a vampire with a torture counter.
:merged: Bahari you control may take a +1 stealth action costing 1 blood :blood: to gain a Master: Discipline from your ash heap or library.

That way he's like a larger version of Lord Ashton (our old compatriot Matt Barnett).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds