file Nosferatu Anti Proposals

25 Sep 2011 02:48 - 25 Sep 2011 20:50 #10919 by Juggernaut1981
Currently all of them are Group 5, but easily some could be shuffled around to minimise any excessive synergies I haven't noticed in G4-5.

Lizard
!nosf!
:cap11:
:ANI::DOM::OBF::POT::for:
Sabbat Cardinal.
Lizard pays 1 less blood or pool when recruiting allies or retainers which are animals or require :ani: Animalism. +1 bleed. +1 strength.

Golden Tongue
!nosf!
:cap10:
:ANI::OBF::POT::PRO:
Sabbat Archbishop of Detroit.
Animalism allies cannot block Golden Tongue. Animalism retainers lose their abilities while Golden Tongue is acting or in combat.

Mother Superior
!nosf!
:cap9:
:FOR::OBF::POT::nec::thn:
Sabbat bishop.
Mother Superior may recruit a non-mortal ally or retainer from any ash heap, even if she does not normally meet the requirements; this action costs an additional blood.

Godiva
!nosf!
:ANI::CHI::OBF::POT:
Sabbat Archbishop of Volgograd.
When Godiva blocks an action, she may burn 1 blood before combat instead of tapping.

Obizuth
!nosf!
:cap8:
:AUS::ANI::OBF::POT:
Sabbat.
Once per round Obizuth may burn 1 blood to gain a maneuver.

James Miller
!nosf!
:cap8:
:ANI::OBF::POT::cel::tha:
Sabbat.
James may steal 1 blood from a younger vampire, an ally or a retainer; if he is successful he untaps at the end of the action.

Noy Spitznogle
!nosf!
:cap7:
:ANI::OBF::aus::pot:
Sabbat.
Noy may take a (D) action to look at the top two cards of your prey's libary. Noy may discard one of those cards; if she does not discard one of them, she untaps after this action is successful.

Anya Ivanov
!nosf!
:cap7:
:ANI::CEL::OBF::pot::pre:
Sabbat.

Orpheus
!nosf!
:cap6:
:ANI::POT::for:
Sabbat.
Orpheus may take a +1 stealth (D) action to steal an :ani: Animalism retainer or ally; during that action the retainer or ally cannot use any of its abilities.

Bambi
!nosf!
:cap6:
:ANI::OBF::POT:
Sabbat.

Mr Smiley
!nosf!
:cap5:
:ANI::OBF::dom:
Sabbat.

Beata Kozlowski
!nosf!
:cap4:
:ani::obf::pot:
Sabbat.

Black Rat
!nosf!
:cap3:
:obf:
Black Rat may give a younger vampire a plague counter as a (D) action. Each Methuselah burns 1 pool for each minion with a plague counter they control during their untap phase. If Black Rat is not ready, burn all plague counters.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 25 Sep 2011 20:50 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2011 18:58 #10946 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Nosferatu Anti Proposals

Lizard
!nosf!
:cap11:
:ANI::DOM::OBF::POT::ani:
Sabbat Cardinal.
Lizard pays 1 less blood or pool when recruiting allies or retainers which are animals or require :ani: Animalism. +1 bleed. +1 strength.

Lizard gets both inferior and superior animalism?
Hmmm.
Seems likely that point could be spend in a better way as something else.

More
25 Sep 2011 19:10 - 25 Sep 2011 19:30 #10947 by Count Orlok

Mother Superior
!nosf!
:FOR::OBF::POT::nec::thn:
Sabbat bishop.
Mother Superior may recruit a non-mortal ally or retainer from any ash heap, even if she does not normally meet the requirements; this action costs an additional blood.

As a proponent of the Samedi, I really really hopes she makes it into the set. It would be hard to pull off, but I would love to see her in a deck with Troglodytia. As long as she isn't group 6, you could get some potence synergy with the Laibon Samedi.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2011 19:30 by Count Orlok.

More
25 Sep 2011 20:49 #10948 by Juggernaut1981
@Adonai: Typing fail....
@Orlock: I do like Mother Superior... and check the art I found... it seems that it would be a very interesting addition to both Samedi and Nos.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
26 Sep 2011 09:29 #10968 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Nosferatu Anti Proposals
I like all of them. Mother Superior and Black Rat could make interesting decks around themselves. Most graphics are very nice as well, however, some of them would be more suitable for Samedi than Nosferatu

More
26 Sep 2011 09:59 #10969 by Disco_Stu
Hi Juggernaut,

I like many of the ideas you have here. Noy is probably my favourite, as the special ability has nice synergy with Courier and the ever-underappreciated Feline Saboteur. The name bugs me slightly though, I gotta say.

Lizard is a fine 11-cap, albeit I prefer to see such elder vampires drawn from canon where possible - it's a real thrill for old-school WoD fans like myself to see vampires from the source material make it in (that said, no 11-cap !Nos really springs to mind immediately, so no harm no foul :)). The :DOM: and :for: is a good touch to make him a solid, dependable vamp.

Mother Superior seems good, but I'm not entirely sure about the wording of the special. It seems quite strong, and I'm not sure if the recruiting ability fits into the image I have of what the !Nossies strengths should be (YMMV, etc.). I like the Thanatosis though... pity she's not a lower Group so you could put her in with Smallpox :) .

Golden Tongue is solid. I think his special could be re-worded; 'allies/retainers requiring Animalism' would be a little clearer, if slightly more time-consuming to say.

Black Rat's artwork doesn't fit the name, or at least not to my tastes - I was expecting something far more.... er.. plaguey? Putting the special on a 3-cap clearly lends itself to trick decks involving crazy amounts of Master: Discipline cards, but it's balanced.

Godiva will be super-powerful with Draba, but I suppose that's the point, huh? Clearly the floating guy behind her is some cunning illusion with :chi: :)

James Miller's special could probably drop the retainer angle, for space and syntax considerations. I'd be tempted to make it a damaging effect that has +1 stealth and that doesn't untap him, as a permanent Horseshoes fits my concept of the clan a little more than blood-stealing (although noting you're playing up the :tha: angle here).

Obizuth is fine, although I'd move the image a little and get rid of the little dude down the bottom of the frame.

My limited knowledge of Russian naming conventions suggests that Anya should be an Ivanova rather than an Ivanov, although I am happy to be corrected. Also, whilst I know you're playing up the out-of-clan Disciplines here I think the costing is slightly janky. Would you consider adding a capacity and throwing some Black Hand membership (perhaps even a Seraph-dom) into the mix to balance her out? She'd also play well with Nizzam if that were the case.

Overall, a solid job. For my money, I'd prefer to see !Nossies with some crazier specials, as the clan tends to fade into the background lacking the flair that their Camarilla cousins seem to have - but, that said, you have created a nice set of balanced vampires here, so good work.

cheers
Disco Stu

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds