file Stuff for !Salubri

25 Sep 2011 16:00 - 25 Sep 2011 16:01 #10939 by Satrapa
Stuff for !Salubri was created by Satrapa
Generally some stuff for Salubri of warrior caste based on my games in V:tm or V:dark ages.

Tyberius
In his mortal life he was Cataphract. After becoming a vampire he still tried to have contacts with his wife Teodora (it was not a love of his life but arranged marriage) and son (that was born shortly after his *death*). His wife was jealous of his immortality and begged him to give her the kiss but he refused. Then she made a deal with a Baali, killed their son in a ritual and was changed as a reward. When Tyberius found out what happened he killed Julia's sire but let her escape (what he regretted later). He became follower of the path of Retribution. After a quarrel with his sire he decided to leave Eastern Roman Empire and set a mission in Norway (he chose this place because he already sworn to his dying mortal friend who was member of Varangian Guard to tell his family about his death). He was pious and honorable in a Byzantine way (he treated his opponents with dignity and respected all WRITTEN pacts). He had a small mortal herd (missionaries) and treated them as people who he sworn to protect and not as his property. His main place of interests discipline-wise was Valeren and Auspex. He was also blooded and had all powers of blooding. To adjust his capacity to match his generation I propose giving him disciplines I planned to learn or had at some degree due to blessing of the name. Title is adjusted to modern time political influence he achieved. In fights he rallied on his heavy armor and negative bonuses to to opponents dice pools he generated.

Tiberius
VAL AUS pre for
Capacity 7 Group 6
Sabbat bishop. Once per combat he can prevent up to 2 non aggravated damage.

It is other character that appeared in my games.
Julia/Robert
During Sabbat crusade on Wroclaw Julia (!Salubri) younger packmate diabolized Robert (!ventrue). When she faced Tremere primogen in the fight she was struck with a bowl that was recently found artifact of Cappadocians. Bowl crashed, her spirit was cast aside and body become controlled by the ghost of her latest victim Robert.
Not comfortable about his death and body change Robert try not to look too pretty (because he is embarrassed if anyone tries to flatter him for his looks or flirt with him). Julia is steal with him. She can see what he sees, hear what he hears, feel what he feels but she cannot act in any way and can only wisper to Robers mind.

Julia
!Salubri cap 4 group 6
val for dom
You and Julia can play cards requiring !Ventrue as if Julia was a !Ventrue.

Valeren have some cards that influences allies but no allies that are !Salubri specific. To fill this gap I suggest ghoul that is trained and indoctrinated to become !Salubri (since they don't participate in Sabbats mass recruitments).

Furies recruit
ghoul ally require a !Salubri
1 str 1 bleed 3 life
Furies recruit can play cards requiring val as a vampire with capacity of 3.
You cannot play Furies recruit if you don't control more !Salubri than Furies recruits.
2 pool.

I like idea of making cards that are not particular discipline powers made into a card but rather way of using it. When I compared Armor of Kaine's Furry of ccg and rpg I didn't liked the fact that it prevents only strike. So I present adjusted weaker/temporary version that don't share this flaw.
Shield of Kaine
combat/reaction
val Reaction/Combat: Usable by a tapped vampire. Cancel a furry card at it is played on this vampire
combat: prevent 1 damage.
Val combat: prevent 2 damage.

Chain mail
equipment
Bearer may prevent 2 damage from melee weapon strikes or 1 damage from any other source each combat. A minion may have only one Chain mail.
1 pool
Description of !salubri suggest usage of medieval armor. I suggest a tweaked kevlar vest as a chain mail.

Hidden blade (picture: blade hidden in a walking stick)
combat
Only usable before range is determined on the first round.
While in play, this card represents a melee weapon (and counts as equipment while in play). This weapon does strength+1 damage each strike.
2 pool
I feel like this weapon should have also slight boost because built in concealed weapon is not worth 1 pool but have no idea what should it be. Alternatively it might be usable once per round or combat with 1 pool cost.

Parry
Only usable by minion having melee weapon. Only usable at close range. Do not replace until end of turn.
Prevent 3 damage from enemy minion strike hand or melee weapon strike.

Counterstrike
Only usable by minion having melee weapon. Only usable at close range.
Strike: Prevent 2 damage from enemy minion strike. You gain +1 damage to first melee weapon strike in the next round.
cel: burn 1 blood to prevent up to 2 damage from enemy minion strike and strike with melee weapon. This minion cannot use additional strikes this round.
CEL: as cel above but with first strike.

Riposte
for: prevent 1 damage and delay your strike to a phase of first additional strike. This strike is at +1 strength if it is a melee weapon strike.
val: as for above.
val: as val above but +2 strength

Parrying dagger
equipment
Do not replace until the end of this action.
Strength+1 damage each strike. Alternatively, prevent 1 damage from opponent minion melee weapon strike and turn this weapon face down (out of play) until the end of the round.
1 pool

In *What would you like to see in a new expansion?* somebody suggested that he want cards that would make melee weapon fighting more finesse therefore I present some fencing maneuvers

Share the pain
combat grapple only usable at close range
val: hand strike: strength damage. Enemy minion cannot use additional strikes this round. You gain optional press only usable to continue combat.
VAL: as val above but for +1 damage.

Desperation
Only usable at long range
for val: If this minion didn't performed a ranged strike this round he gains additional strike and the range becomes close.
FOR VAL: press or maneuver with optional press.

Read the vital points
Only usable before the range is set. Minion can play one Read the vital points may be played each combat.
aus: the next strike deals +1 damage
val: This minion deals +1 damage to the opposing minion until the end of this combat.
VAL: As above but +2 damage
Weaker than Carrion Crows or Blissful Agony because this bonus require a strike therefore can be dodged and is easier to prevent

Hope you like some of my ideas and don't consider it broken or weak.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2011 16:01 by Satrapa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2011 17:55 - 25 Sep 2011 17:56 #10942 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Stuff for !Salubri
Hi

Tiberius
VAL AUS pre for
Capacity 7 Group 6
Sabbat bishop. Once per combat he can prevent up to 2 non aggravated damage.

He seems a little off balance. If the prevent comes from his armor, change it too:

Name: Tiberius
Discipline: VAL AUS pre for
Capacity 7 Group 6
Sabbat bishop. When Tiberius enters play, he may equip with an equipement card that prevents damage from your library (requirements and cost apply as normal, and shuffle afterwards).

Julia
!Salubri cap 4 group 6
val for dom
You and Julia can play cards requiring !Ventrue as if Julia was a !Ventrue.

I would give her a flaw, like -1 intercept or -1 stealth.

Furies recruit
ghoul ally require a !Salubri
1 str 1 bleed 3 life
Furies recruit can play cards requiring val as a vampire with capacity of 3.
You cannot play Furies recruit if you don't control more !Salubri than Furies recruits.
2 pool.

It think it's redundant with Brothers in Arms.

Shield of Kaine
combat/reaction
val Reaction/Combat: Usable by a tapped vampire. Cancel a furry card at it is played on this vampire
combat: prevent 1 damage.
Val combat: prevent 2 damage.

Furry = frenzy?
It's much stronger that Armor of Caine's Fury. It's even stronger than Skin of Rock, which is bad.

Chain mail
equipment
Bearer may prevent 2 damage from melee weapon strikes or 1 damage from any other source each combat. A minion may have only one Chain mail.
1 pool

Too much redundant with Kevlar Vest (even if it's slightly different).

Hidden blade (picture: blade hidden in a walking stick)
combat
Only usable before range is determined on the first round.
While in play, this card represents a melee weapon (and counts as equipment while in play). This weapon does strength+1 damage each strike.
2 pool[/quote )
A bit redundant with WWS, but it costs 2 pool and is permanent. Seems fine, maybe too cheesy for !Sal.

Parry
Only usable by minion having melee weapon. Only usable at close range. Do not replace until end of turn.
Prevent 3 damage from enemy minion strike hand or melee weapon strike.

Stronger than Forearm Block (but with a requirement), I'm not sure it's very needed.

Counterstrike
Only usable by minion having melee weapon. Only usable at close range.
Strike: Prevent 2 damage from enemy minion strike. You gain +1 damage to first melee weapon strike in the next round.
cel: burn 1 blood to prevent up to 2 damage from enemy minion strike and strike with melee weapon. This minion cannot use additional strikes this round.
CEL: as cel above but with first strike.

I would remove the disciplineless level. Make it cost 1 blood.

Riposte
for: prevent 1 damage and delay your strike to a phase of first additional strike. This strike is at +1 strength if it is a melee weapon strike.
val: as for above.
val: as val above but +2 strength

There's already a card named Riposte. [for] needs to specify that it is to be played beofre strikes are chosen.

Parrying dagger
equipment
Do not replace until the end of this action.
Strength+1 damage each strike. Alternatively, prevent 1 damage from opponent minion melee weapon strike and turn this weapon face down (out of play) until the end of the round.
1 pool

Nightstick?

Share the pain
combat grapple only usable at close range
val: hand strike: strength damage. Enemy minion cannot use additional strikes this round. You gain optional press only usable to continue combat.
VAL: as val above but for +1 damage.

Why not.

Desperation
Only usable at long range
for val: If this minion didn't performed a ranged strike this round he gains additional strike and the range becomes close.
FOR VAL: press or maneuver with optional press.

Interesting.

Read the vital points
Only usable before the range is set. Minion can play one Read the vital points may be played each combat.
aus: the next strike deals +1 damage
val: This minion deals +1 damage to the opposing minion until the end of this combat.
VAL: As above but +2 damage

Weaker than Carrion Crows or Blissful Agony because this bonus require a strike therefore can be dodged and is easier to prevent

But stronger than Torn Signpost. Seems a bad idea.

Hope you like some of my ideas and don't consider it broken or weak.

Thanks for sharing.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 25 Sep 2011 17:56 by Ankha.

More
26 Sep 2011 12:34 #10991 by Satrapa
Replied by Satrapa on topic Re: Stuff for !Salubri
Your version of special for Tiberius seems more interesting but it is not worth cap 7.
I think it would be better to give him the ability to equip with the first damage preventing equipment as a action.

When I created card for Julia I thought about some cap 4 vampires with 3 different disciplines that had skills worth around 1/2 of a discipline point. Compared also cost of similar skill to Gem Ghastly. She have 2 superiors, 2 inferiors, bishop title and similar skill. So I think that negative ability is not required. Especially that hard one. Could be something like cannot use more than 1 reaction giving intercept per action.

F.R.
Both lines of Salubri clan have skills that interfere with allies but no good allies to use. I created F.R. also to make quite unimpresive Brother in Arms better.

Shield of Kaine
I meant frenzy. It is better than skin of rock but...
1 skin of rock is poor card
2 there are lot of cards that require bloodline discipline that is stronger than similar cards what requires more popular disciplines. Stone Travel - Mirror Walk and untaping reaction on animalism (forgot the name) and speak with the spirits would be good exapmles. I also consider Armor of Caines furry to be overnerfed at creation.

Chain mail
Do you have any other idea how could such item be implemented into vtes?

Parry
Forearm block is rarely used.

Counterstrike
Your suggestion is good but I wanted introduce fencing cards that can be used without disciplines.Maybe the design is just wrong...

Riposte
Didn't checked the name. My bad. I think you are right with your suggestion.

Parrying dagger
Something between night stick and bundi.

Read the vital points
Stronger than thorn signpost, weaker than carrion crows. For usage of bloodline that don't have access to neither pot nor ani. It was meant to buff multiple round combat. Could be better with additional effect at VAL in place of damage amplification. Optional press could be nice.

Thanks for comments.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds