file Advanced group 1

30 Sep 2011 13:14 - 30 Sep 2011 13:22 #11226 by Cooper
Advanced group 1 was created by Cooper
Currently most group 1 vamps don't se a lot of play. Either because group 1 can only ne played with 1 other group, instead of 2, but also because a lot of vampires are just very weak. The advanced version should be ok, and have a special that combines nicely with the special from the base version. And Merged something that adds up to this.

I would like to offer some suggestions to make tem see more play. I just loe seeing the oldies back on the table again.

Uriah Winter adv. 2 cap. for pot cel
merged: anarch. if you control merged Uriah, you burn one pool in untap

merged sammy gets a maneuver (or other vamps similar to him, with merged specials similar

(tiberius base can look at a preys libcard)
tiberius adv: predators library as well: merged: may take an action to burn 2 cards from prey/pred's library

adv thomas thorne: anarch merged: baron
zack north adv 7cap: cel. merged anarch

(dancin dana base: has cel and +1Strencht)
Dancin Dana advv: +1 St merged: CEL

Astrid Thomas base: tremere vote with her
Astrid Thomas adv: change anothers vamp clan to tremere as action. merged prince

merged tatiana romanov: +1stealth (base has +1bleed) merged: AUS CEL PRE

(base Jest may look at card wwhen untapped)
adv: DOM merged dr jest: may put the looked at card in your hand instead

base justine doesnt tap when blocking weenies
adv +s Strenght. merged justine; +1 intercept

Quinton MqDonal
adv ANI merged: aggro hands

(base Sims: everyone loses pool when he oes to torpor)
Sylvester Sims: Can take the leave torpor action when tapped. Merged: can take an action to visit torpor.

Crusher: can exchange a card in hand for a grapple in your ash once per turn. merged: once per combat

Marty Lechtansy:adv can play cards as Malk. merged can do a sanguine instruction trick

Roxanne: adv: can rush vamp above cap 8 from prey/pred. merged: can rush any vamp from prey/pred.

Angus adv: inbuilt homunculus: merged : +2 bleed and inner circle

appolonius adv: +1 maneuver; merged +1 add strike

Cassandra: adv +1card; merged can bounce when tapped

(lucian base steal equip as strike)
Lucian adv: can rush a minion. merged has first strike (gimme gimme)

lucretia adv +1bleed merged: prince

(Helena Casimir base has POT and +1bleed)
adv +1 Strenghth merged: can untap once per turn for 2 blood.

camille devereux, the raven adv: is only half unique There are two allowed in play. merged: can impersonate an elder at the cost of one blood. (Shapeshifter! both Raven AND Camille!)

I havent been thinking thios through very long. It probably needs a lot of improvement. Object should be to have the adv be decent, and the merged version to be cool.

Another thing to consider is to look at possible decks using more different base and advanced versions in 1 crypt, so epiphany and others in your deck can be played by more than one vamp.

:-)
W
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 13:22 by Cooper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 13:45 - 30 Sep 2011 13:46 #11231 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Advanced group 1
I think I would stick to merged effects only. That way, the advanced version will always be weaker to avoid it being played instead of the base version.
Merged version must
- bring the vampire to its regular power level for its capacity
- add something extra worth the merging cost. Let's say its worth 1.5 additional point

Name: Crusher
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Brujah
Group: 1
Capacity: 9
Discipline: for CEL POT PRE
Camarilla primogen: Once each combat, Crusher may dodge as a strike that costs 1 blood. +1 strength.

7 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 1.5 = 9.5 / 11 points spent

Advanced version should bring him to 12.5 (3 more points to spend)
- make it prince (+0.5)
- enter combat with any minion (+2)

There would be 0.5 wasted, but I think it would become a good vampire (or grant him the superior level of Fortitude).

Name: Crusher (Adv)
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Brujah
Group: 1
Capacity: 9
Discipline: for CEL POT PRE
[MERGED] Camarilla Prince of XXX: Crusher may enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.

Just my point of view.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 13:46 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryWolf

More
03 Oct 2011 07:24 #11362 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Advanced group 1
After more pressing vamps from Groups 5 and 6 taken care of indeed some updating for Group 1 vampires should seriously be considered.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryWolf

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Oct 2011 18:18 #11408 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Advanced group 1

I think I would stick to merged effects only. That way, the advanced version will always be weaker to avoid it being played instead of the base version.
Merged version must
- add something extra worth the merging cost. Let's say its worth 1.5 additional point

I second this. Very wise. But make it right, with good playtesting. Not like Lazarus Adv :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 Oct 2011 21:35 #11428 by Cooper
Replied by Cooper on topic Re: Advanced group 1

Merged version must

I second this. Very wise. But make it right, with good playtesting. Not like Lazarus Adv :)

I actually played a Merged Lazarus deck with reasonable results (a grappled thau-strike hurts most vamps a lot. a meanuever and press inbuilt si not bad... and ). But yeah, it's not even close to tier 2 :-)

And yes, i completely agree to tehe previous idea. I would like to see the advanced version having something useful as well though, not just the merged version. Preferably something that combines well with both the base-version as the merged version.

Something like my examples of
Tiberius (make him control the cardflow of your prey/pred),
dancin dana (make her a strenght mchine),
Astrid Thomas (make her a powerful force in voting,
Jest, with DOM he can actually stay untapped for a good reason, and putting the card in hand would be cool!
Cassandra about the resources (+2hand and bounce when tapped)
Lucian (though admitted not that bad in teh first place) make him control the equipment on the table (steal at first strike, inbuilt rush)

So,..not just make the merged version worth it, give the advanced version something that combines well with the base-version.

W

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds