file Card idea: Sabbat Politics

02 Oct 2011 20:54 #11336 by Mael
Inspired by all the talk about how Sabbat politics has nothing to compare to Parity Shift, and whether or not they even should, I thought I'd create a completely different card. What kind of a sabbat want's to mess around with politics anyway ....

Sabbat Politics.
Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
You may play this card during your turn.
Play this card during a blood hunt referendum on a Sabbat vampire you control, after votes have been cast, before resolution. Put this card on a vampire who cast one or more votes in favour of the blood hunt. Any Sabbat vampire you control may enter combat with that vampire as a D action.

Or an alternate (slightly weaker) version.

Sabbat Politics.
Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
You may play this card during your turn.
Play this card during a blood hunt referendum on a Sabbat vampire you control before votes are cast. When the referendum resolves put this card on a vampire who cast one or more votes in favour of the blood hunt. Any Sabbat vampire you control may enter combat with that vampire as a D action.

What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2011 03:28 #11341 by direwolf
Sounds like a good game mechanic. But I see no reason why it shouldn't be a minion card instead of a master card.

I think it's bad design to make a Master Out-of-turn card that can be played on your own turn.

You are already requiring a sect, and a particular circumstances. You want to put out a card that lets you rush a particular vampire, and you don't want this card to be burned like "Haven Uncovered"

I think the only reason you should keep it a Master out-of-turn card, is if you can use it when ANY sabbat vampire diablarizes. The way you have it worded you can't use it when someone else's vampire diablarizes. It's rare that you diablarize on someone else's turn, but having a card usable as an action modifier or reaction card is not unheard of.

Sabbat "Politics"
:modifier: :reaction:
Only usable when this Sabbat vampire diablarizes a non-sabbat vampire. Put this card into play. During the blood hunt referendum place this card on a minion who votes in favor of the blood hunt. Any Sabbat vampire you control may enter combat with that vampire as a (d) action.

If you think there should be a cost associated with it, you have a few choices: Blood from the vampire would be a bad choice seeing how the vampire may just get burned in the blood hunt. A pool would work, considering you wanted it to be a master phase action in the first place, and a pool represents the methuselah exerting influence. Requiring a titled Sabbat vampire would work as well, but this card is all about the mob rule, smash face mentality of the Sabbat lower echelon.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds