file Card Idea: Descent

05 Oct 2011 17:52 #11551 by DeathInABottle
So if the main concern is MPAs, would a restriction of "You may only play one Descent per turn" solve the problem and make it into an interesting card? Or would it still be too powerful and/or boring? I suppose its main function is to boost the strength of Nana/Cybele/Anson decks, which doesn't say much for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2011 17:59 #11552 by Mephistopheles
A 1/turn limit seems testworthy. Don't know if that would be strong or wallpaper. Talk to your playgroup, build a deck around it with proxy and test it. So you will know.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
05 Oct 2011 18:45 - 05 Oct 2011 18:47 #11555 by Pascal Bertrand
By the way, there are cards that do damage to your prey other than the awful Personal Involvement: Antediluvian Awakening and Anarch Revolt.

And then you have the Malkavian tricky ones (Malkavian Game / Prank / Game of Malkav)

I dont' see the need for such a card. It would either be too good or too bad.

Examples of ways to explore:

* [Burn option] - Only usable if your prey has more pool than you. Your prey loses 1 pool and you gain 1 pool.

* If your prey controls more ready minions than you, he or she burns 1 pool and you gain 1 pool.

* Only usable if your prey has the Edge. Your prey burns the Edge and 2 pool.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2011 18:47 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
05 Oct 2011 18:50 #11556 by agzocgud
Replied by agzocgud on topic Re: Card Idea: Descent
I think it´s bad design. Cards should be about vampires controlled by a methusalah doing stuff to hurt another methusalah. Nothing funny about the all-master deck.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
05 Oct 2011 18:59 #11557 by Pascal Bertrand

I think it´s bad design. Cards should be about vampires controlled by a methusalah doing stuff to hurt another methusalah. Nothing funny about the all-master deck.

I was actually considering changing the name of the game to Master: the Eternal Struggle.
I guess that wouldn't be a great idea :)

More
05 Oct 2011 19:51 #11560 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Card Idea: Descent
There's a potential side effect for losing pool: it can oust you. There is no equivalent possible side effect for gaining pool. Therefore, gaining pool is not an equivalent effect to losing pool.

See also That Other Game, where most analysis ranks Lightning Bolt as a better card than Healing Salve.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds