file card idea: thanatosis torpor tricks

04 Nov 2011 14:43 - 04 Nov 2011 16:11 #13350 by Molloy
Apparent Death
Action.
Only usable by a vampire in torpor. If the acting vampire is blocked, there is no combat. If the blocking is a vampire who can commit diablerie, that vampire may diablerize the acting vampire.
[for] +1 stealth action. The acting vampire leaves torpor.
[thn] -1 stealth action. Bleed. If the bleed is successful, burn this acting vampire at the end of the action.
[THN] Bleed.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2011 16:11 by Molloy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2011 15:00 #13353 by Ankha
I like it very much. It's dangerous as hell, but gives Samedi an unexpected weapon.
I'm a bit concerned by the "burn this acting vampire at the end of the action." part at thn because I sense there may be a trick with a turbo-baron kind of stuff.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
04 Nov 2011 15:27 #13356 by Molloy
"I'm a bit concerned by the "burn this acting vampire at the end of the action." part at thn because I sense there may be a trick with a turbo-baron kind of stuff."

I know what you mean, but removing the vampire from the game (which I thought about) would be too big a penalty. The -1 stealth and the need to be in torpor should be enough to make this ineffective for turbo-strategies, shouldn't it?

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

More
04 Nov 2011 16:56 #13370 by Ankha

"I'm a bit concerned by the "burn this acting vampire at the end of the action." part at thn because I sense there may be a trick with a turbo-baron kind of stuff."

I know what you mean, but removing the vampire from the game (which I thought about) would be too big a penalty. The -1 stealth and the need to be in torpor should be enough to make this ineffective for turbo-strategies, shouldn't it?

No. Suppose the Baron performs an action + Daring the Dawn + Freak Drive. It ends in torpor. Then it plays Apparent Death at inf, being sure to burn, whatever blood he has left.

I don't know if this has a big impact or not in fact.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
12 Jan 2012 08:15 #20670 by Tomas

Apparent Death
Action.
Only usable by a vampire in torpor. If the acting vampire is blocked, there is no combat. If the blocking is a vampire who can commit diablerie, that vampire may diablerize the acting vampire.
[for] +1 stealth action. The acting vampire leaves torpor.
[thn] -1 stealth action. Bleed. If the bleed is successful, burn this acting vampire at the end of the action.
[THN] Bleed.

I would even suggest that the superior version of the action wouldn´t count against the only able to bleed once per turn per minion rule or add text clause from taking the skin: Minon so each minion can only do this once per turn. Then I feel it could perhaps even be tournamentviable. It has quite a high threshold with a superior bloodlinediscipline and you need to be in torpor and you run the risk of being diablerized.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds