file card idea: ani dem action

04 Nov 2011 15:22 #13355 by Molloy
Bite the Hand
+1 stealth action.
[ani dem] Put this card on a ready vampire. When this vampire hunts, any blood it would gain from the blood bank is taken from its controller's pool instead. Any vampire may burn this card as an action that costs 1 blood; the action to burn this card costs this vampire 2 additional blood.
[ANI DEM] As [ani dem] above, and the vampire with this card must hunt each turn (unless it must attempt another mandatory action).

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2011 19:35 #13402 by direwolf
I really like this card. Maybe should cost a blood. Maybe should be a frenzy. Possible even unique/one per methuselah if it turns out to be too powerful in playtesting.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
05 Nov 2011 17:24 #13417 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: card idea: ani dem action
I really like the concept of this card. I think the superior text is far too powerful though.

I agree with Direwolf that it should be a frenzy card.

For the superior, you could try
:ANI: :DEM: As above and this vampire burns 1 blood during his controllers untap phase.

Or
:ANI: :DEM: As above and burn 2 blood from this vampire.

I think the second option is more balanced. If the first option (or the original text) were to be used, I'd suggest making it easier to burn.

More
05 Nov 2011 22:44 #13426 by Juggernaut1981

Bite the Hand
+1 stealth action.
[ani dem] Put this card on a ready vampire. When this vampire hunts, any blood it would gain from the blood bank is taken from its controller's pool instead. Any vampire may burn this card as an action that costs 1 blood; the action to burn this card costs this vampire 2 additional blood.
[ANI DEM] As [ani dem] above, and the vampire with this card must hunt each turn (unless it must attempt another mandatory action).

Bite the Hand
:action:
Frenzy.
:ani::dem: Put this card on a ready vampire. When this vampire hunts blood the vampire would gain comes from its controllers pool instead of the blood bank. Any other vampire may burn this card as an action that costs 1 blood. This vamprie may remove the card as an action that costs 3 blood.
:ANI::DEM: As :ani::dem: above, and the vampire with this card must hunt once each turn.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 Nov 2011 07:32 - 06 Nov 2011 07:35 #13434 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: card idea: ani dem action
This is a very cool card - liking it a lot! Especially on the superior level it's highly effective. I was always a fan of The Haunting, and this is kind of a superior version of it. :) Thus it requires animalism.

A very cool concept, and I can't see how the latest version would be too powerful. Force tapping a vampire to make the player lose pool is very effective, yes, but I can't see how this card would be game breaking. At least cross table allies could save the player in distress if things came out wrong.

Yep, just checked: There are only 6 vampires in the game that can play the card at superior - most of them are Nosferatu, Gangrel or Ravnos - all clans that could use an alternative ousting method, and could easily protect the frenzy in play. Very nice. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 06 Nov 2011 07:35 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds