file New Card: Reversal of Hierachy

21 Nov 2011 06:04 - 21 Nov 2011 06:09 #15174 by Serazahr
Name: Reversal of Hierachy
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until your next discard phase. Master cards cost an additional X pool, where X is the number of master cards already played in the same turn. (This counts for out-of-turn master cards as well.)

Warning: Spoiler!

I know I once showed this off before in the General Discussion Forum but I only got very little feedback, so here it is in the proper forum section.

This card is supposed to mainly do 3 things:
1. Help decks that have a noticeable problem with MMPA decks.
2. Speed up the game.
3. Give you a way to play more Gehenna cards.

I will start with point 2:
This card effects decks that play multiple Master Cards in a turn, but not exclusively. Playing any Master card played after a trifle will cost 1 more. Out-of-turn masters will cost additional pool if there was a card played before (that includes Sudden Reversal, as the canceled Card still counts as having been played. Same reasoning as why a canceled GB counts as played.)
Therefore this cards for example makes Tzimisce pay 1 or 2 pool for a Rotschreck, or it may make weenie decks think twice before playing 2 Life in the City per turn. This deck might furthermore assist in bringing Minion Tap, albeit very slightly, back as a non-trifle deck will rarely ever have to pay the additional pool.

Now to the probably more critical point of how it interacts with MMPAs:
I'll start with an example. An Anson/Nana/Cybele+Parthenon gives 3 MPAs. That means using all will incur a cost of 3 Pool. This would make playing e.g. 3 Ashur Tablets make a pool gain of 0 but still return 13 cards to deck/hand. (Which I see as fair, given that this is an table affecting event that can be removed)
Also Villeins become essentially 1 pool more expensive if you plan to make use of the trifle effect.

Then comes an important thing to note: Using Lilith Blessing is still free as you are not playing a master card. So if LB would become Unique (according to some discussion, which I support) then it will not be affected further in a negative way by this card.

Honestly the reason why I held back this card Idea which I actually like a lot, is because I don't want to be starting another "MMPA needs to be fixed" thread. But as Joscha has opened the floor in looking at the cards mostly abused by MMPA, I thought it would be a good time to see if I can get support for this card idea to possibly make it into the expansion if it passes scrutiny.

Ok now after all this, for the background/lore:
This card is supposed to show the time near the end of Gehenna, when the Antediluvian(s) start/are getting destroyed and the Elders loose more and more influence to the young masses. Therefore for you the Methuselah influencing the Jyhad, becomes more and more costly in terms of your resources. Furthermore, too much meddling might make you a new target for the masses of vampires that hate the Elders.

Thank you for your time!
Last edit: 21 Nov 2011 06:09 by Serazahr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 06:14 #15176 by Juggernaut1981
I think you should amend it to be this text, in order to do what you're looking for.

"Master cards cost an additional X pool for each Methuselah, where X is the number of Master cards each Methuselah has played since their last untap phase."

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
21 Nov 2011 06:18 #15177 by Serazahr

I think you should amend it to be this text, in order to do what you're looking for.

"Master cards cost an additional X pool for each Methuselah, where X is the number of Master cards each Methuselah has played since their last untap phase."

Not really as this wouldn't speed up the game. That deck that plays a Sudden every turn will never pay extra because it's according to you text only one card between untaps.

Also Lore-wise:
What is even worse that one Methuselah being very active, is a whole bunch of them putting their hands in the pot.

(Therefore also Sudden-Chains will become very costly)

More
21 Nov 2011 12:14 #15217 by Ankha

This has no logical sense. Did you mean "that Methuselah has played..." ?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Nov 2011 22:12 #15363 by Serazahr
I took it at least that way.

More
21 Nov 2011 22:53 #15378 by Juggernaut1981
So are you looking to have the 5th player potentially pay +5 pool for a Master they play in their first turn? Or are you looking to punish someone who wants to dump 3+ Masters down between untap phases? It seems what you're trying to punish are things like...
Villein + Giants Blood + Villein
or
Anthelios to grab Villein + Play Villein + Golconda
or
Wash + Golconda + Pentex

If you want to basically penalise all players for all masters played, then go for your option.

If you want to penalise individuals who want to play a 60 card deck with 30+ Masters, seems you are trying to go for the version I wrote.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds