file New Card: Reversal of Hierachy

22 Nov 2011 00:30 #15387 by Serazahr

So are you looking to have the 5th player potentially pay +5 pool for a Master they play in their first turn? Or are you looking to punish someone who wants to dump 3+ Masters down between untap phases? It seems what you're trying to punish are things like...
Villein + Giants Blood + Villein
or
Anthelios to grab Villein + Play Villein + Golconda
or
Wash + Golconda + Pentex

If you want to basically penalise all players for all masters played, then go for your option.

If you want to penalise individuals who want to play a 60 card deck with 30+ Masters, seems you are trying to go for the version I wrote.

You understood the card mechanic wrong. It counts how many masters were played in a turn. A turn is from untap to discard. There are 5 turns in a game with 5 Methuselah in each rotation.

Also I said, this card is not there to exclusively punish MMPA!
This card, as generally with event is more general (Unmasking helps allies, The thirst punishes weenies) so this card affect Masters in general. So if you keep your head down (1 master per turn) then nothing bad happens, but when one tries too much, or you try interfere (Sudden) then it becomes costly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 00:32 #15388 by Brum

If you want to penalise individuals who want to play a 60 card deck with 30+ Masters, seems you are trying to go for the version I wrote.

And why would one want to penalize someone that plays a 60 card deck with 30+ Masters?

What's next? Penalize someone that plays a 60 card deck with 30+ bleed actions and bleed modifiers?
Penalize someone that plays a 60 card deck with 15+ political actions and 10+ vote modifiers?
Penalize someone that plays a 60 card deck with 30+ combat cards?
Why would you want to do that?
And if so, would anyone use that?
Do people use Scourge of the Enochians like they used to?

Next year's EC will have completely different meta.
That's my guess.

More
22 Nov 2011 00:49 #15389 by Dorrinal
Overkill. Each master card played after the first costs 1 more pool to play, maximum.

:trem:

More
22 Nov 2011 01:15 #15390 by Charles_Bronson
Why a card that costs nothing - except a one turn without replacing it - should destroy entire decks?

No sense. Too strong and cornercase. You kill my deck while yours don't have any significant disavantage? Check narrow minds for balance checking. It does not kills redirections, but impairs it.

Just do: "Each methuselah should burn 1 pool for each master phase he gets after the first each turn. Put the burned pool on this card. Burn this card when it reach 6 counters".

change the "do not replace until next discard phase" to "do not replace this card as long it is in play".

Now we are making a card that brings pain, but not destruction to those decks.
I don't want to kill trifle and hand contract and maleficia/striga mechanic with one event card.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
22 Nov 2011 01:25 #15391 by Serazahr

Why a card that costs nothing - except a one turn without replacing it - should destroy entire decks?

No sense. Too strong and cornercase. You kill my deck while yours don't have any significant disavantage? Check narrow minds for balance checking. It does not kills redirections, but impairs it.

Just do: "Each methuselah should burn 1 pool for each master phase he gets after the first each turn. Put the burned pool on this card. Burn this card when it reach 6 counters".

change the "do not replace until next discard phase" to "do not replace this card as long it is in play".

Now we are making a card that brings pain, but not destruction to those decks.
I don't want to kill trifle and hand contract and maleficia/striga mechanic with one event card.

Who says it kills them? Nobody forces you to use all your MPAs.
What about the decks that play the discipline hosers.
I am ok with making it "Do not replace as long as in play", but I think this card is by far not as strong as Veil of Darkness or Blood Weakens, or Unmasking for that matter.

Narrow Minds that you mentioned is not a Gehenna event. Non-Gehenna events tend to have less visible effects. But therefore Gehenna cards have more cards that can remove or benefit from them.

And 1 more pool because of trifles is like an Antediluvian Awakening, just with the difference that nobody is forcing you to play a second Master.

More
22 Nov 2011 10:48 #15442 by alek
I like it, maybe just limit it in a way that additionall masters would cost one more, not x more, and to replace a card only after someone pays for this effect

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds