file Trophy erratum

21 Nov 2011 16:20 #15263 by Boris The Blade
Following David Tatu's idea for Lilith's Blessing , the same could be done for Trophies. The way Trophies are played is not written on the card but governed by the Trophy keyword, so it only takes a change in the rulebook to make playing a Trophy a Trifle. Any thoughts on that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 16:26 #15264 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Trophy erratum
In favour.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
21 Nov 2011 16:42 #15269 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Trophy erratum
Not sure. As some trophy-cards are quite strong.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
21 Nov 2011 16:43 #15270 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Trophy erratum
It could be done, and I'd personally prefer any boosts for Trophies to come in this sort of way (rather than errata).

However, it's not immediately obvious that this would really be the boost they need.

There are still relatively few Red List vampires to take advantage of them natively.

You still face a reasonable action deficit to Red List a minion.

For a combative deck, you're still being forced to use (typically) quite big vampires to get the titles needed to make a minion Red List. (Or Public Enemy, which is sort of okay, but a bit... uncontrollable.)

You're still having to use up quite a few card slots - multiple red-list-creators, multiple Trophies.

So while the Trifle-ing of Trophies would be a benefit, it might not be the best one.

This thread - link to Google Groups - had a bunch of suggestions, kicked off by me but with many people contributing.

Untapping a vampire when it's awarded a Trophy would seem to be helpful to me. I wonder if something like "When a trophy is moved to a vampire, that vampire's controller can also move up to three cards from her ash-heap to her library (shuffle afterwards). If multiple trophies are moved in one go, shuffle after all the cards have been moved."

More
21 Nov 2011 16:43 #15271 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Trophy erratum
It's master and is played as master. The only thing that can be changed are requirements for moving trophies on vampire.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
21 Nov 2011 17:20 #15289 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Trophy erratum

It's master and is played as master. The only thing that can be changed are requirements for moving trophies on vampire.

They're masters, but also Trophies, with the Trophy keyword on them.

There's nothing stopping the rules being changed so that 1.6.2.3 (Trophy) also says that Trophies work like Trifles (which are discussed a few lines down, in 1.6.2.5).

I'm not sure why you think this is impossible.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds