file Card idea: My Best Friend (melee weapon related card)

24 Nov 2011 15:21 - 24 Nov 2011 15:23 #15794 by Ankha
Name: My Best Friend
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable before range is determined. Only usable by a vampire with no melee weapon.
This minion equips with the first non-unique melee weapon card you find in your library (working down from the top, requirements and cost apply as normal). Shuffle afterward.

The idea is to increase the access to melee weapons cards that are usually expensive (2 pool) and not worth taking the action in the end (or for that cost, better equip a .44 magnum).

It mustn't be better than Gift of Bellona though.

Name: Gift of Bellona
[BL:R1, LoB:R]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Valeren/Auspex
[aus] If this action is blocked, your hand size is one card larger during the resulting combat.
[val] Only usable when an action to equip with a weapon is successful. Untap this acting vampire.
[VAL] Only usable when an action to equip with a weapon from your hand is blocked. Before combat begins, equip this vampire with the weapon instead of placing it in your ash heap (pay cost as normal). During the first round of this combat, that weapon cannot be used.

Thoughts? Comments?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 15:23 by Ankha. Reason: Added "with no melee weapon"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 15:22 #15795 by Ankha
(The cost of the weapon could be reduced by 1 pool also if the card still doesn't make melee weapons sexy).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
24 Nov 2011 15:32 - 24 Nov 2011 15:32 #15799 by Ohlmann
It seem pretty good, much better than concealed weapon for melee weapon, and does not seem uber powerful.

It need some research to see if there is not some possible exploitation. Since no non-unique weapon do aggravated damage, it's very likely fine. Still, it's very sexy

I hope to playtest that quickly (I need to convince players for that :p). With wooden stake for example.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 15:32 by Ohlmann.

More
24 Nov 2011 16:43 - 24 Nov 2011 16:48 #15809 by Boris The Blade
It doesn't work well with Dagger (you only get the second dagger if you equip the first one from your hand), but that's not a big problem. Reducing the cost of the weapon would probably be too much, but maybe the combat card can cost 0.

I could see it work for the Osebo: go fetch a Kerrie, maybe get a Preternatural Strength, break skulls at close and long range.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 16:48 by Boris The Blade.

More
24 Nov 2011 19:27 #15847 by wastaz
Mmm....I could see myself using this card with bang nakhs, sword of the righteous and vengeance of samiel. That would be -fun-. :D

I tried making such a deck before, though with concealed weapon instead... But there was just too many moving parts and actually getting a reliable way to do those 5-6 agg damage rushes seemed too tricky at the time.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds