file Card idea - Test of the sword

24 Nov 2011 22:22 #15872 by Lech

How about a high-stealth action?

Haste
Type: Action
Requires: Celerity
Cost: 1 blood
+2 stealth action.
:cel: (D) Enter combat with an ally or tapped vampire with capacity 6 or lower.
:CEL: Equip with the first melee weapon you find in your library (working down from the top). Requirements and cost apply as normal). Shuffle afterward.

Lets see, cost blood, leave you tapped, :CEL: have no way of untap. On the other hand allow you to have just a few melee weapons that are unique thus good and multiple copies of this card, something like 3/4 weapons, 8-9 of those cards. But :cel: is not impressive at all, 1 blood enter combat with tapped weenie or all, even ambush allow you to rush high caps, and you have maneuver.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 22:27 #15874 by Amenophobis
Hey guys, let's play nice here and open a new thread for each new card, ok? Otherwise it's hard to follow the discussions. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
02 Dec 2011 09:05 #16750 by jAvel

Name: Test of the sword
Cardtype: Action
Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another methuselah. Immedialty before the combat, you can equip a melee weapon from your hand.

There is no wording "if the action is successfull, .. equip weapon before combat .."
Does that mean that I can equip melee weapon if action is blocked before combat?

(D) Bleed. You can equip a melee weapon from your hand, paying cost as normal. If you have or equip a melee weapon, this bleed is at +1 bleed.

Same here. I can't underderstand when exactly I equip weapon.

But, I like both cards. Bleed one - more. The main reason - no blood cost, so it can be played by allies. For example, bruise and bleed with werewolf: he gets weapon (increases his power in combat) and 0+1 bleed, so this can be used instead of Computer Hacking.

More
02 Dec 2011 10:25 #16759 by Ohlmann

There is no wording "if the action is successfull, .. equip weapon before combat .."
Does that mean that I can equip melee weapon if action is blocked before combat?

The intend were that you only equip the weapon if the action is successfull. I seemed redundant to add "if the action is unblocked", since action take effect only if they are unblocked by default.

Authorizing to equip the weapon even if blocked mean the equipping part is unblockable. It seem pretty exploitable.

Same here. I can't underderstand when exactly I equip weapon.

The intent is "immediately before the bleed if you are unblocked". As in :

(D) Bleed. If the action is successful, you can equip a melee weapon from your hand, paying cost as normal. Then, if you have a melee weapon equipped, this bleed is at +1 bleed.

More
02 Dec 2011 13:03 - 02 Dec 2011 13:03 #16780 by jamesatzephyr

Enter combat with a ready tapped minion controlled by another methuselah. Immedialty before the combat, you can equip a melee weapon from your hand.

By default, the effects of actions only take place if the action is successful. You don't enter combat with the ready tapped minion if the action is unsuccessful either.

(You might, separately, enter combat with that minion if they also happened to be the one who blocked it. But that's different.)

Along similar lines, Bum's Rush's maneuver is not available in a combat-from-a-block.
(D) Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah. The acting minion gets an optional maneuver during this combat.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 13:03 by jamesatzephyr.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds