file Card Idea: Wipe Out

24 Nov 2011 20:36 - 24 Nov 2011 20:39 #15857 by Mephistopheles
Name: Wipe Out
Type: Event

Text: Disaster. Requires at least 3 other event cards in play. Remove all master cards in play from the game. Each Methuselah gets 1 pool for each master card removed this way. While Wipe Out is in play the cost to play Master cards is increased by 1 pool.

The basic idea I had is that from a role playing aspect we players are Methuselah who influence the vampires. I think of master cards that those are the cards "we" play. All other cards (well not the event cards ofc) are played by our minions. Wipe Out does actually wipe out our direct influence on the world. I think this card is full of feeling :)

On the other hand we shifted very much towards a master heavy meta not seen since the errata of Anarch Revolt. This card could maybe lead to a less master card based meta. On the other hand it gives the players the pool back they invested in Hunting Grounds, etc so they can make a choice if they want to use that pool to keep on playing master cards or get the pool and stop palying master cards. They have a choice. Also the requirement of having 3 other events first makes this less brutal.

I really fell in love with this concept. What are your thoughts?

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 20:39 by Mephistopheles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 20:38 - 24 Nov 2011 20:38 #15860 by Mephistopheles
please delete this commewnt. I pushed the wrong buttom.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 20:38 by Mephistopheles.

More
24 Nov 2011 20:43 #15862 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Wipe Out
* 3 event make this on the verge of unplayability. You need a very special deck to consistently have 3 event by the endgame, or hope that other player play enough events.

* the master in play does somes stranges interactions with card like Villein or Wash, and does not remove master used over and over by Anthelios. May be a feature.

The "meddling of assyrian" card proposition seem way better in my opinion. Still, I would not be too upset by the appearence of this card.

More
25 Nov 2011 15:22 #15952 by jamesatzephyr

Text: Disaster. Requires at least 3 other event cards in play. Remove all master cards in play from the game. Each Methuselah gets 1 pool for each master card removed this way. While Wipe Out is in play the cost to play Master cards is increased by 1 pool.

Does some very nasty things to decks that are trying to make effective use of Malefica, Striga, Aye, Orun, or any other "enabling" master card. Personally, I wouldn't want to hit cards like those.

A "Destroy all locations" card might be in-theme, along the same lines. That would hit loquipment too. I guess you could just destroy Master cards that are locations if you wanted, although that would seem a bit arbitary.

More
25 Nov 2011 17:37 #15963 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Re: Card Idea: Wipe Out
Conquest of Humanity [Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until your next discard phase.
Requires at least two other Gehenna cards in play. During each Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may choose a location controlled by his or her prey. The chosen location is burned unless its controller burns 2 pool.
Artist: Joel Biske

Lackeyname: Kris

More
25 Nov 2011 17:54 #15964 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Card Idea: Wipe Out

Conquest of Humanity [Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until your next discard phase.
Requires at least two other Gehenna cards in play. During each Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may choose a location controlled by his or her prey. The chosen location is burned unless its controller burns 2 pool.
Artist: Joel Biske

Also,

Jericho Founding [LotN:C]
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a non-Camarilla vampire.
Successful referendum means all locations are burned. Any Methuselah can keep any locations he or she controls by repaying their pool cost.
Artist: Imaginary Friends Studios

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds