file Don't mess with my head

25 Nov 2011 06:53 #15894 by Ohlmann
Cardtype : Action modifier
Cost : 1 blood
Usable by a vampire above capacity 5 before the action is resolved. Choose another minion who played a reaction this action. This action is unsuccessful. Enter combat with the reacting minion.

A simple way for bruise and bleed to deal with bleed bounces or whatever problematics reaction. It does not solve the problem of a prey that bloat too fast for you, but it may still be plenty useful.

Maybe making this a potence card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2011 11:05 #15926 by miketheknife
i like the idea and second the motion to make it a discipline card, but i'm not sure if it should be a potence card. By card name, maybe auspex or fortitude

More
25 Nov 2011 11:19 #15932 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Don't mess with my head

i like the idea and second the motion to make it a discipline card, but i'm not sure if it should be a potence card. By card name, maybe auspex or fortitude

Auspex or fortitude are thematically adapted, but bruise and bleed deck tend to need a combat discipline and a bleed one.

For Auspex, putting this on a discipline that do neither combat nor bleed is a little tricky and restreint this to Tremere and Toreador. Preferably with mid/big cap, since you will need all three discipline.

For Fortitude, it can be a good combat discipline, but only Ventrue associate it with bleed discipline, so it's a bit limited. (even if fortitude is not too shabby for bruise'n'bleed)

Potence allow this card easily to Lasombra, Giovanni, Brujah, and True Brujah, and other interested bruise and bleed deck can often be interested by potence anyway.

A fortitude version :

Cardtype : Action modifier
Cost : 1 blood
[for] Usable by before the action is resolved. Choose another minion who played a reaction card this action. This action is unsuccessful. Enter combat with the reacting minion ; the reacting minion get an optionnal press to end the combat
[FOR] as above, without the press.

More
25 Nov 2011 11:51 #15938 by munnen
Replied by munnen on topic Re: Don't mess with my head
I really like the concept!

More
25 Nov 2011 13:12 #15944 by jamesatzephyr

For Auspex, putting this on a discipline that do neither combat nor bleed is a little tricky and restreint this to Tremere and Toreador. Preferably with mid/big cap, since you will need all three discipline.

Tzimisce can also do a fairly reasonable bruise-bleed deck and don't necessarily need Animalism on everyone. (Though it is nice, for Crows.) Fiendish Tongue and Changeling are reaonably solid as a base.

More
25 Nov 2011 19:00 #15974 by DeathInABottle

Auspex or fortitude are thematically adapted, but bruise and bleed deck tend to need a combat discipline and a bleed one.

I like the card, regardless of which discipline it gets attached to. Even if it does end up attached to :AUS: or something similarly non-combative or non-bleedy, it's not necessarily a problem: non-bleed disciplines can generate bleed through permanents (Laptop, JS Simmons, Tasha Morgan, Pulse of the Canaille) and non-discipline action cards and modifiers (Hacking, Tongue, Leverage). Consistent bleeds of three are solid.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds