file Card Idea: Displacing the Vitals

06 Dec 2011 20:36 #17312 by Louhi
Displacing the Vitals
Action
+1 stealth action
cost: 1 :blood:
:vic: : Put this card on the acting vampire and this vampire may burn a blood to untap. Aim cards can not be played against this vampire.
:VIC: : As above and once each combat, this vampire may prevent 1 non-aggravated damage from the opponent's strike. A minion can have only one Displacing the Vitals.

The untap may be too much, ideas on tweaking are welcome.

Lidingö Scourge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2011 20:55 #17315 by Ashur
I like it. Seems wellbalanced.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 Dec 2011 22:38 #17356 by Ohlmann
The idea is pretty funny and totally within what a tzimisce would do.

The inferior is pretty situationnal, 2 blood to do that and untap seem a bit much. The superior seem well costed at 2 blood.

Another level possible :

[VIC] : this vampire can dodge as a strike once per combat

or

[vic] : strikes and effect can't inflict more than one damage per strike
(the idea is keeping the defensive flavor of organ displacement while still allowing to target leg or something ; after all, you can't displace your leg efficiently)

More
06 Dec 2011 22:53 #17361 by Boris The Blade
I like it. The restriction to one is badly worded: it should either be moved to the basic version or only count superior versions of the card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louhi

More
06 Dec 2011 22:56 - 06 Dec 2011 22:57 #17364 by Surreal
I like card also but would want to make vic version stronger. Maybe prevent in :vic: and untap for one blood + no aim cards for :VIC:.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2011 22:57 by Surreal.

More
06 Dec 2011 23:33 #17373 by Haze
I want this card to be made just because it's hilarious and could have some great artwork.

I like card also but would want to make vic version stronger. Maybe prevent in :vic: and untap for one blood + no aim cards for :VIC:.

one prevention is usually enough to stop the commonly used aim cards so it might be moot if you swapped the powers like that.

it's hard to tell about the balance of the untap power. as it stands, paying 1 blood for a slightly weaker version of flak jacket may be attractive all by itself. but on the other hand I rarely see Tzimisce bother with flak jackets so maybe it needs that one blood untap to make it see actual use. (like Well-Marked but more expensive)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds