file Card Idea: Millenial Opposition

14 Dec 2011 17:37 - 14 Dec 2011 17:41 #18409 by Drain
Name: Millenial Opposition
Cardtype: :political:
Requires a ready archbishop, priscus, seraph, cardinal or regent.
Choose a Methuselah. Successful referendum means that Methuselah loses X+1 pool, where X is half the number of master cards in that Methuselah's ash heap, rounded up. Seraphs get two additional votes during this referendum.

Seeing how the new set will expand the Sabbat theme and given how the play environment is ever more flooded with master cards, here is a card that tries to adress those points.

Using the VEKN's own list of design priorities, here goes:

Game development:
- Provides a sect-specific vote card, something that is perceived by many (myself included) as necessary to differentiate the existing deck archtypes while playing them with different sects.
- Aims to punish decks who lean heavily on master cards, this ought to include both heavy-master decks and recursion decks, since both of these will have a fair number of master cards in their ash-heap.

Balance:
- Requires specific titles/sect
- Is subpar versus most decks until the mid/late game, where it begins to shine.
- Requires five master cards in the target's ash-heap to exceed KRC's output. Given how many master cards are permanents that are put into play, this feels about right.

Flavor:
- The Sabbat opposes the Methuselahs as the most direct pawns of the Antediluvians in the Jyhad and seeks to thwart their influence.

Competitiveness:
- Moderate. This card is designed to be a specialized/metagame play but has enough stand-alone appeal to be used even to the exclusion of these considerations.

The best uses I can see this card having would be in a Sabbat milling deck. This, however, begs the hefty question of whether the milling archtype deserves any further support or if it should be left to wither, given its wide-reaching perception as anti-fun. Discuss away.

Drain
Last edit: 14 Dec 2011 17:41 by Drain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 17:48 #18413 by Ohlmann
I find it quite good.

The fact that master with the same effect (more or less) can either go in play or on the vampire is pretty unelegant, but it's a vtes problem more than a card problem.

The sabbat was founded less than 10 centuries ago. I would name it something like "The hunt" or "Hunt for methuselah".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds