file Card idea : Sabbat Pressure

16 Dec 2011 14:09 - 16 Dec 2011 14:11 #18660 by Charles_Bronson
Its broken, simply too strong.

Use aching beauty for comparison.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 16 Dec 2011 14:11 by Charles_Bronson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2011 14:27 #18662 by Ohlmann

Its broken, simply too strong.

Use aching beauty for comparison.

Because you can burn Aching beauty by burning the edge, and Aching beauty is unique... Wait.

The card is pretty complicated, as written initially create stupid combos, and need to became even more complex to avoid thoses abuses, and may be too powerful.

But the comparison with Aching beauty does not convince me at all. Nor does it hose combat decks too much ; after all, they "just" loose time trying to get a bleed and burning the edge. Like every other non-S&B deck.

More
16 Dec 2011 15:13 - 16 Dec 2011 15:16 #18667 by jamesatzephyr
Add a handful to a breed-boon deck. Pass the vote easily (it's a breed boon deck) and have all your weenies enter combat with a copy of Haven Uncovered.

Not the most fun in the world thing to deal with.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2011 15:16 by jamesatzephyr.

More
16 Dec 2011 15:25 #18668 by Charles_Bronson
Yes, don't use aching beauty to comparison, that cost 2 pool to do this effect in a ACTION (not reaction).

That card is a vote that can cause easy abuse. Its far worse than aching beauty decks.

Try sabbath threat by comparison then. Requires a prince or a justicar, and don't need any D action with the edge to burn it.

you can't make overpowered cards, just because they are "unique" and "requires a XYZ stuff".

The idea is good, but it have some troubles.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
17 Dec 2011 00:43 - 17 Dec 2011 00:46 #18706 by AaronC
I think the card is pretty good. The Sabbat need some great votes. Ohlmann has the flavor just right. It reminds me of the Sabbat attack on Atlanta in the clan novels.

How much pool is going to be lost with one play of this card? 3? 4? 5? How much pool is lost with a typical Parity Shift? ConAg? KRC? And those don't have an additional requirement beyond getting the vote passed. The fact that it is unique means that multiple copies are dead in the hand. So weenie swarm via Haven uncovered hurts? That's how the Sabbat works, anyway. Again, how many weenies? 5? 6? How much damage from other votes? Plus you can't attack a vampire that you've sent to torpor.

I see it being most abused with Tzimisce prey punisher decks, since the target Methuselah has to take an action to burn it once they have the edge, thus provoking more attacks from a wallish deck.

Main issues:
1. It takes two actions to burn, if you count bleeding to get the Edge. It is so powerful that you shouldn't be able to take pool damage when attempting to get rid of it.
2. The directed action shouldn't be against the vampire calling it because of cards such as Secure Haven and Zaire River Ferry.
3. I agree that it shouldn't be abusable with superior Psyche! and Coordinated Attack.
4. If it's "Sabbat pressure", then what should hurt are acting Sabbat vampires, which limits the scope of the card while specifically rewarding rush combat and bruise/vote 'n bleed.

How about:

Name: Sabbat Pressure
Cardtype:
Unique.
Requires a ready archbishop, priscus, cardinal or regent.
Choose a Methuselah. Successful referendum means that you put this card into play. As long as this card is in play, target Methuselah looses 1 pool at the end of each action that results in a combat between one of his minions and an acting Sabbat vampire. Any minion can burn the Edge to burn this card as a +1 stealth directed action.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2011 00:46 by AaronC.

More
17 Dec 2011 02:34 #18709 by Drain

Main issues:
1. It takes two actions to burn, if you count bleeding to get the Edge. It is so powerful that you shouldn't be able to take pool damage when attempting to get rid of it.
2. The directed action shouldn't be against the vampire calling it because of cards such as Secure Haven and Zaire River Ferry.
3. I agree that it shouldn't be abusable with superior Psyche! and Coordinated Attack.
4. If it's "Sabbat pressure", then what should hurt are acting Sabbat vampires, which limits the scope of the card while specifically rewarding rush combat and bruise/vote 'n bleed.

How about:

Name: Sabbat Pressure
Cardtype:
Unique.
Requires a ready archbishop, priscus, cardinal or regent.
Choose a Methuselah. Successful referendum means that you put this card into play. As long as this card is in play, target Methuselah looses 1 pool at the end of each action that results in a combat between one of his minions and an acting Sabbat vampire. Any minion can burn the Edge to burn this card as a +1 stealth directed action.

I agree with this reasoning and find the sugested alterations very worthwhile, adding to the already interesting base design.

Just one sugestion: find a way to work a clause into the card stating that damage must be dealt during the combat, elsewise we might open the door to some incoherent abuse such as PRE/PRO weenies entering combat, untapping with majesty/earth meld and proceeding to bleed.

Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds