file Card idea: Plague wind

17 Dec 2011 12:00 #18729 by Eius P
Plague Wind

Type: Combat
Requires: Harbingers of Skulls, with a capacity above 6
Cost: 2 blood

Strike: Ranged. Burn the opposing non-wraith ally or send the opposing vampire to torpor

What do you think? My main reasoning for this is my own personal feeling that the HoS have been massively overlooked from the necromancy (and combat) front, specifically a lack of access to the Path of Bone and from the rpg front they had the Mortus discipline/paths which set them apart from the Giovanni. Going through one of the old Dark ages RPG books I found 'Plague Wind' which is a high level mortis power, roughly translated to the above. With the restriction of cap > 6 this is restricted to use by max three different unique vamps from any group combination, and also stops created weenies abusing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2011 12:18 #18731 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Plague wind
While not exactly original, this may be workable. And it does give a nice option when fortitude combat does not work.

But I must admit that it would not have been the effect I would have given to a plague wind ; I would had put it as a bleed card (same idea as slaugthering the herd) or something that show that the main problem is the humans dying in spade.

More
18 Dec 2011 15:31 - 18 Dec 2011 15:34 #18783 by Molloy
Replied by Molloy on topic Re: Card idea: Plague wind
found on the internet: [www.patman.org/wod/disciplines/mortis.asp]

Level 5 • Black Death

By touching an individual. the character can cause the victim to experience an early death (or, in the case of vampires to enter torpor). The victim, if mortal, begins to exhibit signs of plague: sunken and hollowed eyes, swollen lymphs and a sickly pallor of the skin. Within one day, all bodily functions cease. Cainite victims of this power enter torpor immediately.

System: The vampire must touch the intended victim, and the player must roll Stamina + Occult (difficulty equal to the target's Willpower) and expend two Willpower points. Success indicates that the vampire has caused his target to expire (or go into torpor)

This sounds like it would correspond well to the effect on your card (but couldn't be ranged). Maybe it could go like this:

Black Death
requires :hosk:
2:blood:
:combat:
Strike: make a hand strike at +2 damage.
:nec: Strike: Burn the opposing mortal or animal ally or send the opposing younger vampire to torpor. Useable when only hand strikes are permitted.
:NEC: Strike: Burn the opposing non-wraith ally or send the opposing vampire to torpor. Useable when only hand strikes are permitted.

:hosk: :ani: :chi: :for: :nec: :AUS: :cap6: Sabbat. Animals, Wraiths and Zombies Molloy recruits or employs get an additional life.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2011 15:34 by Molloy. Reason: minor adjustment

More
18 Dec 2011 16:09 #18784 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card idea: Plague wind
Plague wind is not black death, but another, more difficult to get power.

wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Plague_Wind

Believe me, I have tried, you can not reliably put vampires in torpor with that. And most of the time, if you can put someone in torpor with this power, you can just kill him. Most notably because you need something like an entire hour to do this.

In the RPG, its use is to make a hell of the life of the vampire, that will kill its own herd, ghoul, and other human that come near him. Or use it on a somewhat resilient human and send him to your ennemy.

That kind of effect is more a bleeding effect in VtES, because you can easily use it to disrupt the plans of someone, or simply destroy his human asset, but not really in combat.

More
18 Dec 2011 20:32 #18795 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Plague wind
What about:

Black Death
Requires a ready :hosk:
:combat:
Strike: make a hand strike at +1 damage with an optional press.
:nec: Strike: Burn the opposing mortal or animal ally and all the mortal or animal retainers on the opposing minion.
:NEC: Strike: As above, and put this card on the opposing minion. This minion cannot have mortal or animal retainers.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Dec 2011 00:02 #18802 by miketheknife
My thoughts:

- Require HoS
- Cost 1 blood
- At nec: hand strike: burn the opposing ally
- At NEC: hand strike: put this card on the opposing vampire.This vampire gets -1 strength. During his untap phase, burn this card and this vampire goes to torpor. A vampire may have only one plague wind.

The card's burn effect is just to avoid any "brokeness"

Cheers!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds