file Card idea: Plague wind

19 Dec 2011 05:25 - 19 Dec 2011 05:34 #18806 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Card idea: Plague wind
A bleed variant:

Plague Wind
[Action / Combat]
Requires (HoS)
Cost 2 (blood)
[Combat][nec] Strike: Ranged. Burn opposing ally or send younger vampire to torpor.
[Action][NEC] (d) Bleed with +1 bleed. If the action is successful, target methuselah's non-wraith allies and younger vampires burn 1 blood or life.

and another variant: remove Harbringer clan requirement and add aus/AUS discipline requirement. Something like: [aus+NEC] strike and [AUS+NEC] action; and maybe add third inferior use at [nec]: before range is determined, strikes inflict +1 damage this round.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2011 05:34 by jAvel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 10:03 #18821 by jamesatzephyr

Plague wind is not black death, but another, more difficult to get power.
In the RPG, its use is to make a hell of the life of the vampire, that will kill its own herd, ghoul, and other human that come near him. Or use it on a somewhat resilient human and send him to your ennemy.

That kind of effect is more a bleeding effect in VtES, because you can easily use it to disrupt the plans of someone, or simply destroy his human asset, but not really in combat.

That gives me the idea of something like:
Plague Wind
Action, 2 blood
[Harbinger]+[nec] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed. (Or something similarly bland.)
[Harbinger]+[NEC] (D) Put this card on a ready vampire with three Plague counters. During this vampire's controller's untap phase, burn a plague counter from this card, a blood from this vampire, and a pool from its controller; if this burning of blood leaves the vampire empty, send it to torpor and burn this card. Burn this card if it has no plague counters. A vampire can have only one Plague Wind.

The idea being to give the vampire and controller a pain to deal with, and possibly 3 pool damage and 3 blood lost from a single action, and possible torporisation.

The power level doesn't feel quite right. Stacking up lots could get abusable (one per Methuselah? increasing cost?), though Harbingers don't get a cost-reduction path, at least. I deliberately went for 0 stealth (long-ish, difficult ritual), but that could change too, I guess.

More
19 Dec 2011 17:20 #18844 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Card idea: Plague wind
I like James' version the best. Enough with the unnecessary combat cards that do not adress the problems that the Harbingers have.

I would alter the basic version to "(d) bleed at +1 bleed, burning a blood or life from one of the controller's minions if the bleed succeeds."
This could even go up to two blood/life and keep being balanced, seeing how it is a 2-blood cost 0-stealth (d) action, methinks.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the superior version's power level. It seems just about right. The 0-Stealth and the cost pretty much ensure it doesn't get out of hand.

Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds