file Card Idea: Ghouled City Official

19 Dec 2011 17:57 - 19 Dec 2011 18:00 #18850 by Drain
Name: Ghouled City Official
Cardtype::ally:
Requires a ready Primogen
Unique Ghoul with 1 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed
During a political action, you may tap Ghouled City Official to give a Primogen 2 votes in that referendum.

'What if you were to tell your esteemed fellow councilmen that you can arrange to have these tunnels flooded within the week?'

Game development:
- Differentiate the titles within the Camarilla, opening up some perks to add flavor.
- Give a slight power boost to one of the lesser titles in the game.

Balance:
- Requires one of the games most inconsequent titles.
- Strong voting benefit with a side-line of bleed and chump-blocking.

Flavor:
- The Camarilla resorts heavily to Ghouls and Kine to further their aims. Aspiring kindred having a well-connected thrall in the mortal world is a common occurence that is under-represented in the game.

Competitiveness:
- Moderate. Decks that play the political angle and include primogen will love the card but these tend to be few and far between. I made it so that its main benefit would only apply to Primogen, since I feel that "tap to x" effects are rather strong, requiring no interaction with the table whatsoever and also to protect it from ally-theft.

Drain
Last edit: 19 Dec 2011 18:00 by Drain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 19:22 #18866 by alasteir
I liked your idea. First of all, because it is a good card for some non usable minions, and has potential. Until today, cards that require only a primogen are too side to enter a deck.

Plus, as it is today, you can play his votes against or in favor of the referendum, and can help even decks without vote lock to negotiate. Only suggest to give it a cost of 1 pool, or take out the bleed.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
20 Dec 2011 09:27 #18909 by alek
I like it. One pool cost seems ok for this card

More
20 Dec 2011 11:58 #18918 by jamesatzephyr
It being ghouled, a blood cost would seem equally appropriate.

1 blood seems too cheap, 2 blood seems a fraction high. So perhaps 2 blood and a minor boost - 2 life instead of 1, say.

More
20 Dec 2011 12:34 #18920 by Ohlmann
Or maybe transforming it in a retainer that can tap for 2 vote or +1 bleed ? It would topical, making it more resilient (since you can't rush it), but a bit weaker (no independant bleed)

More
20 Dec 2011 15:23 - 20 Dec 2011 15:26 #18931 by alasteir
Hmmm.. in fact, you could not have an independant bleed, but you'll have something like a Justicar (a primogen with 2 votes plus is own one). It'll be nice even without the +1 bleed hability, I think.

We can do it on two ways: first, low cost (1 pool or 2 blood), and unique, or high cost and non-unique (as the eccentric bilionaire, but, for me, it should stay linked to the primogens.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 15:26 by alasteir.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds