19 Dec 2011 20:57 #18881 by alasteir
The Maison Liban
type: master
cost: 2 pool
requires: tremere
rarity: Rare
source: VTM: Sorcery Revised

Unique master.
Tap during an action to give a tremere +1 stealth.

What is this?

The Maison Liban are the mortal mages descendant of the Tremere. They specialized on magics to hide. I preferred make this as a master, and no an ally because tremere have too little things to give them stealth, and an ally would have other habilities I don't want to give them, such as another source of bleed, someone to burn, etc.

Das Buch von der Grabkrieg (The book of war and sepulcre)
type: master
rarity: R
Cost: 1 pool
requires:
source: Bloody Hearts: Diablerie Britain

Unique Master.
Actions taken by vampires in torpor cost an additional blood. Diabliere actions have an additional +1stealth. Gehenna cards cost 1 additional pool. Any anarch may burn this card at a +1 stealth (D) action.

What is this?

A tome writen by a malkavian vampire, in germany and verses. The first verses remembers about diabliere and is recited by those who commit the unforgivable crime to give them "courage". The others remember the vampires about the gehenna and the torporized vampires, awaring them about their menace. Dunno if this would work better as a master or an equipment, I'm thinking on a clausure to burn this card.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 21:04 #18882 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: New Masters
The first card is in my opinion meh but not too bad. After all, a lot of clan have something akin to that. Lore-wise, it's a lot less bad than the pile of crappy useless unique equipment even if it's not too coherent with what the Tremere have done.

The second card will be useful for few decks but does relatively well its job. I don't like the anti-gehenna flavor come out of the Black Hand theme, but why not. Even if it come from one of the very worst book :p

More
19 Dec 2011 21:16 #18884 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Card Idea: New Masters
Not sure about the first card. I don´t really understand why not an ally (Compare with Rom Gypsy)

The second card I don´t get at all. Why play it?

BUT big thanks for making cards with background in the WoD lore!

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
19 Dec 2011 21:31 #18886 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: New Masters

The second card I don´t get at all. Why play it?

It's a bit of help to ensure people in torpor stay in torpor. Rarely useful (since you may also just block the attempt and the victim may use other vampire to avoid paying the additional blood), but it can help for a small cost

BUT big thanks for making cards with background in the WoD lore!

Well, it's "history in joke". The Maison Liban is about as canon as the Flambeau or the soul eater, i.e. not much, more or less retconned later and / or incoherent with other sources. (in this case, the sourcebook Blood Treachery leave little chance to the house to survive in modern days)

But then again, the WoD lore is not coherent within the sourcebooks, and since VtES does not have a special lore arbitrer, VtES can not avoid a part of inconsistency. And card design sometime add theirs issues, like War Ghoul of Lady Constancia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alasteir

More
19 Dec 2011 23:45 - 19 Dec 2011 23:47 #18892 by alasteir
Replied by alasteir on topic Re: Card Idea: New Masters

Not sure about the first card. I don´t really understand why not an ally (Compare with Rom Gypsy)

Well, I thought that the Maison Liban just doesn't have an official character, and they are known as a house of mages. And a master could be more useful and playable than just an ally.

Thought it could be better as Elisian Fields than Rom gipsy =)

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2011 23:47 by alasteir.

More
20 Dec 2011 09:25 #18908 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: New Masters
While the first one is playable, it doesn't bring anything new to the game, doen't fix any problems nor creates new opportunities for making new archetypes. And I don't see why it's a master card.
The second one is just weak and shouldn't be master card as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds