file Celerity card, for !gangrel and other

23 Dec 2011 10:43 - 23 Dec 2011 12:00 #19131 by Ohlmann
Little extra
Action modifier
Cost : 1 blood
Play only after a successful non-bleed (D) action. Only one Little extra can be played per action
:cel: :obf: the methuselah targeted by the action lose 1 pool
:CEL: :OBF: the methuselah targeted by the action lose 2 pool

The flavor is, since you're fast (celerity) and somewhat stealthy you take the time to do some damage or gather some intel in addition to your main mission. Picture a !gangrel that riffle throught his victim haven for document, something like that.

The game idea is to allow !gangrel and assamite to sort of multi-act, with some bleed tacked on their main action.

I have tried to make the action not too interesting to Tore and !Tore, since usually they are more blocky and/or bleed ; initialy it was :cel: / :CEL: but I forgot too much presence non bleed action.

Instinctive strike
:cel: :pro: : your next damaging strike at close range does one more damage.
:CEL: :PRO: : play when combat end before this vampire resolve its initial strike and after you choose a strike, even if this vampire go to torpor. Resolve the initial strike. If more than one damage would be inflicted, ignore the excess.

The idea is that aggro poke is easy to avoid, and this card allow to take care of two problems at once, S:CE and "prevent one damage". Note that it is extremely efficient against S:CE, since the card is played and you still do your aggro poke.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 12:00 by Ohlmann. Reason: Balance concern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 11:39 #19132 by porphyrion
perhaps make Little extra :cel: :obf: then? or even :obf: :pro: (same idea, more or less, but maybe more specifically beneficial to some of the weaker clans/vampires)?

Instinctive strike isn't very good by itself, but it could be an excellent aid for another combat card or ability (unfortunately the Unnamed always pops up in my head first, never any of the !Gangrel. i wonder why ;-). Perhaps the inferior could include "Opposing Methuselah must discard one card at random from his or her hand. Only 1 IS can be played at :cel: :pro: each combat.". After all, Target: vitals does 2 damage even at long range without requiring any disciplines.

In retrospect, Little extra seems brutally good with !Tor/Tor or the Unnamed (Mind numb, Entrancement)... perhaps !gang! only?

More
23 Dec 2011 11:58 #19134 by Ohlmann

In retrospect, Little extra seems brutally good with !Tor/Tor or the Unnamed (Mind numb, Entrancement)... perhaps !gang! only?

Yes, I hoped to do something extremely generic while not advantaging !Tor, but I don't know too well the entire cardset it seem :(

I edit the card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds