file New Crypt Card: Ryhor, Noddist Dogmatic

02 Jan 2012 19:18 - 02 Jan 2012 19:20 #19750 by Drain
Name: Ryhor, Noddist Dogmatic
Clan: Tzimisce
Group: 5
Capacity: 7
Discipline: ani dom AUS VIC
Sabbat Inquisitor. Cards that require Auspex cost Ryhor one less blood. Ryhor gets +2 bleed when bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready Bahari.

Game development:
- Extension of the Sabbat crypt options.
- Thematic hosing of Lilith's Blessing abuse.
- Dissemination of the Inquisitor keyword.

Balance:
- While having a good many perks I believe the minion to be balanced for its cost. I didn't really want to give him the OOC dominate but it just felt right for an inquisitor to have.
- I took the auspex-discount hability to be worth about 1 point, given how it is one of the disciplines where free cards already abound.

Flavor:
- My thinking process went thusly: Clan Tzimisce, Inquisitors, out-of-clan dominate, bonuses to detect the hidden and to penalize Bahari minions. It all adds up rather well to me.

Competitiveness:
- Moderate. This minion lends itself well to the traditionally strong stealth-bleed strategy which is the main reason I opted to make him a Tzimisce instead of a Lasombra, giving him ani VIC instead of pot OBT.
He also adds to the more Tzimisce-oriented wall archtype. Getting to play Telepathic Tracking, Telepathic Misdirection and Read the Winds for free and Pulse of the Canaille at a discount are all strong arguments in favor of playing a 7 cap with no title. His bleed special can also make up for a wall's lack of forward motion quite nicely.

Drain
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 19:20 by Drain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, dude_PL, Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2012 20:24 #19752 by Brum
Seems like a nice fellow to bring to a party.
:dom: can relate to oWoD Old Clan Tzimisce :ANI: :AUS: :DOM: instead of :VIC:

Only issue might be the fact that the :AUS: :VIC: might have a strong set of kindred, with this chap, Lady Zara, Dr Morrow and Duality.
Her Majesty's top man should test this to see if Prey Punisher becomes too strong with group 4/5.

But, it seems like another very nice vampire I'll never use.

Yours truly,
Tiago Brum

More
03 Jan 2012 00:58 - 03 Jan 2012 00:58 #19760 by blackday
I like him, what's not to like? Free telepathic misdirection and telepathic trackings, yes please. I'd definitely add him in some of my Tzimisce decks.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 00:58 by blackday.

More
03 Jan 2012 01:24 - 03 Jan 2012 01:31 #19761 by miketheknife
i'm not a tzimitsce player, but i really like the general concept, i think this vampire is very well balanced.

Maybe (just maybe) dominate could changed for other discipline. As brum said, DOM is related to old tzimitsce (but ¿who says that a young vampire can't have dominate?)
I think obfuscate could be a nice option instead of dominate, but i insist, the card already seems very well balanced.

Cheers!
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 01:31 by miketheknife.

More
03 Jan 2012 02:03 #19764 by Brum
And who says this can't be an old :tzim: ? ;)

KoT brought vampires from the Victorian Ages.
Cybele's Final Death was in the fall of Carthage.
This guy can be older than Drain-knows-what. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: echiang

More
03 Jan 2012 02:17 #19765 by echiang

And who says this can't be an old :tzim: ? ;)

KoT brought vampires from the Victorian Ages.
Cybele's Final Death was in the fall of Carthage.
This guy can be older than Drain-knows-what. :cheer:

This is VTES and WoD!

No one's completely dead until you've seen the body! And even then, Tzimisce has shown just how foolproof that form of verification is!

With sufficiently high levels of :OBF: or :CHI: or :DOM: or :VIC: or :TEM: it's hard to say when a vampire (particularly ancient elders) are *truly* dead... ;)

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds