file New Crypt Card: Ryhor, Noddist Dogmatic

03 Jan 2012 06:33 #19767 by Ohlmann

And who says this can't be an old :tzim: ? ;)

I propose "because Old Tzimisce, if they exist, NEVER have Vissicitude and try to destroy its bearer".

Old Tzimisce are not simply tzimisce with dominate, but thoses who are supposed to have refused the infection by vissicitude and battling with it.

(note that it's not clear if they do exist. The extension where they are described contain a lot of stuff that have been abandoned or toned down later)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 17:30 #19800 by Drain
He wasn't designed as Old Clan though I've read that particular supplement, his [dom] just stemmed from me wanting the minion to be an Inquisitor and finding dominate to be an appropriate o-o-c for the context.

I suppose the Old Clan could be represented within the card game with a particular grouping number, much like the DOM-Malkavians of G1-2, the Camarilla Gangrel (G1-2) and the Eurobrujah (G1-2-3).

Drain

More
03 Jan 2012 17:45 #19803 by Ohlmann

I suppose the Old Clan could be represented within the card game with a particular grouping number, much like the DOM-Malkavians of G1-2, the Camarilla Gangrel (G1-2) and the Eurobrujah (G1-2-3).

Well, by the supplement, it should more be a bloodline. They are not too much in love with the sabbat, and more importantly they are against :VIS: So, them being able to play War Ghoul, Abonsam Ghoul, or Living Manse would be a problem.

More
03 Jan 2012 20:29 - 03 Jan 2012 20:31 #19822 by jamesatzephyr

At a couple of points in history, White Wolf vaguely suggested that if they'd designed the game when WotC did it, their preferred implementation for the antitribu clans would just be to have Camarilla Toreador and Sabbat Toreador, rather than separate clans. Where the antitribu did need to be differentiated, you could have a card that required a Sabbat Toreador (or a Camarilla Toreador), but many cards could be used by either. Obviously, retrofitting that onto the existing game would have been a lot of work, so we are where we are.

In a small number of cases, though, it seems like that probably wouldn't be appropriate. And given where we are, I think my personal preference would be for the Old Clan Tzimisce to be a separate clan. They just feel so different, theme-wise, that many of the existing clan cards just feel wrong. (And I wouldn't fancy issuing a metric assload of errata to such cards.)

Perhaps they could be scarce vampires - but that seems a bit of a waste, as Ani/Aus/Dom seems like a nice combination to play around with, and they don't have their own unique discipline that you could use to fuel a star vampire deck (in the same way as Obeah, say), and clan cards don't usually offer you the same design possibilities - three levels, including fallback. Possibly a medium-sized bloodline, like the Samedi or Ahrimane, with a few pokey clan cards and special abilities to compensate for their lack of vampires, maybe.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 20:31 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds