file New Crypt Cards: Euzebiusz Doomsayer & Gerald O'Dwyer

03 Jan 2012 18:05 - 03 Jan 2012 18:09 #19805 by Drain
Name: Euzebiusz Doomsayer
Clan: Malkavian Antitribu
Group: 5
Capacity: 8
Discipline: ani chi obf pre AUS DEM
Sabbat. Doomsayer gets +1 bleed for every Gehenna event in play. If there are any Gehenna events in play he burns one blood at the end of every turn.

Name: Gerald O’Dwyer
Clan: Brujah Antitribu
Group: 5
Capacity: 5
Discipline: pre CEL POT
Sabbat. Whenever Gerald is the target of a frenzy card he gets +1 strength and burns one blood at the end of combat until the end of the turn.

Game development:
- Extension of the Sabbat crypt options.
- Reinforcement of the clan themes.

Balance:
- Not much to tell here, both minions are fairly straightforward, hence my will to bundle them up together in one post.

Flavor:
- I got to thinking about how striking it was that some of the classic stereotypes found in fiction were still absent from V:tES at this point, even when the backstory so seamlessly propitiated them.
- One of them was the almost-too-obvious Doomsday Prophet. We've got our Malkavians with their delusions bordering on prophecy and we've got our Gehenna end of the world, mixing them into a feverish prophet working to avert world's end should be a simple proposition.
- The other stereotype, the Berzerker, looks to be even more of a design void than the Malk Prophet. Is it not curious that there are actually more Brujah minion cards _resistant_ to Frenzy (Lord Wilkshire) than those that are actually vulnerable to it?

Competitiveness:
- Moderate. A decent stealth-bleeder-cum-anarch with some mixing potential with the DEM-Ravnos and an absolutely solid mid-cap combat rusher.

Drain
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 18:09 by Drain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 18:23 #19807 by Ohlmann
For the first one, it need test to see if when people actively try to exploit this card it became broken. Maybe not, but a 8 cap with +2 or +3 bleed may have the potential to be broken (yes, I know, there is a default, but still it need test)

For the second, it's actually a small advantage, not a disavantadge, coupled with good discipline for a 5-cap. Hopefully, there is not too much frenzy card that can be played on its own vampires (Enrage is one but it's hardly strong on this vampire).

I can see the first one being either broken or useless (since without its special it seem painfully weak for a 8-cap), while the second is just an excellent and straightforward vampire.

More
03 Jan 2012 19:13 #19815 by Lech
With current frenzy cards it's just as likely disadvantage.

What frenzy cards are played ? Terror Frenzy, check (nana), he can't go to close and burn 1 blood. disadvantage. Rot, he cannot combat anymore, disadvantage. Drawing out the beast, he may or may not benefit from +1 strength and will likely suffer from one less blood.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
03 Jan 2012 19:24 #19816 by Ohlmann
Oh, yes, Earthshock is unplayable and Celerity and Brujah can't maneuver, and Rotschrek is not too much of an disavantadge anyway (you're in torpor anyway). Even when it don't work, you lose one blood but really make sure that your opponent will think before playing it.

More
03 Jan 2012 19:29 - 03 Jan 2012 19:35 #19818 by Izaak
Deep Song at ANI is a frenzy card...

For the Malk, I'd like him to have CHI instead of pre. If he has to have synergy with the dementation Ravnos crypt, he'd better synergize pretty damn good for an 8-cap. Also, it adds another vampire with CHI AUS putting the number of vampires that can play Nightmare Curse superior on FOUR.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 19:35 by Izaak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
04 Jan 2012 21:28 #19908 by Drain

For the first one, it need test to see if when people actively try to exploit this card it became broken. Maybe not, but a 8 cap with +2 or +3 bleed may have the potential to be broken (yes, I know, there is a default, but still it need test)

For the second, it's actually a small advantage, not a disavantadge, coupled with good discipline for a 5-cap. Hopefully, there is not too much frenzy card that can be played on its own vampires (Enrage is one but it's hardly strong on this vampire).

I know what you mean, that is why I gave him inferior obf and didn't even want to risk bumping the chi to superior. Of course he would blend rather well with AUS DEM CHI but gaining cumulative bleed in any given discard phase is way good. Compared to wasting an action on whatever +1 equipment/retainer you want, having an unblockable and action-saving bleed bump on a stealth-bleeder type can do wonders. 'Course you'd have to resort to rather harmless events... until you hit The Rising. But by then the minion is at least 3 blood down just from his disad. alone, so probably balanced. An 8-cap who can bounce/reduce should still see some demand.

As for O'Dwyer, I meant his text to be kind of a wash, not really an out-and-out disadvantage. I just wanted to see more Brujah types susceptible to frenzy, not necessarily hampered by it. ;)

Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds