file Sabbat vote - Large scale assault & Constant harassment

09 Jan 2012 18:41 #20388 by Ohlmann
Name : Large-scale Assault.
Cardtype : political action
Require an archbishop, Priscus, Cardinal, or Regent

Put this card on this vampire and your prey burn 2 pool. The vampire with this card can call a referendum as a +1 stealth action to make your prey burn 2 pool and add an exhaustion counter to this card ; in this referendum each exhaustion counter is a vote against. Burn this card and send this vampire to your uncontrolled region if the vote fail.

Flavor : Well, the sabbat is known to make large assaults ; this card attempt to represent that not by adding trash vampire but by simulating theirs effect. The head of the attack is the vampire calling the vote, and the exhaustion is here because Sabbat ressources are not infinite.

The banishment effect is here to show that if a vote is failed, the vampire is either with a justicar on his trail, or have failed the sabbat and either disappear or die.

The goal is obviously to give a powerful vote in the league of reckless agitation. While obviously less powerful on the spot, it can do a lot of damage on the long run.

Unlike Parity Shift, and by design, this vote is still very powerful in the end game

Name : Constant Harassment
Cardtype : political action
Require an archbishop, Priscus, Cardinal, or Regent
Burn the edge to play this card.
Target your prey and put this card into play. Target methuselah can't gain pool while this card is in play ; the pool go to the blood bank. He can burn this card by spending 4 transfer and burning the edge. Burn this card if the target methuselah is ousted.
A methuselah can have only one Constant Harassment in play

Same niche as powerful sabbat vote, but another execution. It have a lasting handicap and an hefty cost to get rid of.

The uniqueness is supposed to be a big part of the balance. Playing a lot of thoses mean choking on them if the prey don't burn them ; playing only a few mean not having them at the right timing.

I have toyed with the idea of making the burn be "2 pool and burn the edge" rather than transfert. But transfert make sure you have at least one turn without pool gain and can firther hamper the defenses of your prey.

The card require to burn the edge to make sure this is not too easy to exploit with a wall deck.

I don't think having both of the card is a specially good idea, but a wealth of option tend to be better

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2012 18:55 #20389 by Surreal
I like Constant Harassment a lot (need better name tho :P). I feel it really fits sabbat thematically also.

More
09 Jan 2012 22:58 #20415 by Boris The Blade
Constant Harassment is a perfect name... for the first card :P

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds