file Card Idea: Depths of the Dark Continent

11 Jan 2012 18:08 #20614 by Joscha

Name: Depths of the Dark Continent
Cardtype:
Requires a ready Magaji. Not playable if you control any ready non-Laibon vampires. Unique.
If this referendum is successful put this card in play with up to 5 counters from your pool on it. You may burn a counter from this card to reduce a bleed against you by 2 once per turn. You may burn two counters to cancel a referendum that would make you lose pool once per turn. Burn this card when it has no counters or if you control a non-laibon vampire.

I like the mood of the card very much. The card seems to be strong in my eyes. I like Izaak's suggestion of three counters on the card NOT coming from the pool but fear the card would be too good then. He suggested a burn-option, but that would make the card to bad again. Imagine a s&b-deck just removing the card with a d-action and go bleed big afterwards.
However nice idea.

Baron of Frankfurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 19:55 #20630 by Izaak
Well, it needs a titled vampire to be removed, so it's not like every run-of-the-mill S/B deck can remove it.

The thing is, if it's to be defensive it needs to compete with Con Boon. Con Boon can reasonably be assumed to say "gain 3 pool" and that can be played with an untitled 1-cap, has no requirements whatsoever and is also not unique.

If there are to be harsh limitations, such as it being unique, requiring a Magaji and disallowing any non-Laibon in the ready region then is will have to be *significantly* better than Con Boon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds