file some new Ravnos GR4/5.

19 Jan 2012 11:24 #21200 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: some new Ravnos GR4/5.

Ohlmann, these days i see a lot of Allies-decks, Infernal vampires or people needing only the 2 master phase actions per turn from Anson/Cybele/Nana...

Both sense dep and nightmare curse do work on ally. More importantly and more to the point, the fact that it does not work against some degenerated decks does not mean it's ok to give freely another toy against "regular" deck.

The problem with nightmare curse tend to be the same as with Shattering crescendo : it work more or less at first, but the more you play it the more it's powerful.

like it or not, right now sense dep is their defense.

Except walling with animalism or using non-discipline card, that is.

And like it or not, but making card overpowered because it's their only tool is bad. You'd better try to create card to solve this problem if you believe it's so problematic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2012 17:05 - 19 Jan 2012 17:08 #21229 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: some new Ravnos GR4/5.

Violca, Flower of Yesteryear [5-cap; Ravnos. GR5]
:CHI: :ANI: :tha:
Independent Anarch. Cards which change the target of a bleed action have no effect while Violca is acting. Tremere with capacity above 5 get +1 intercept against Violca.

Don't like the inherent Anarchness. Monkey Wrench plus her special can get downright sick. She should be a good candidate for Anarchdom but not one straight out of the box.

Mirra [6-cap; Ravnos GR4]
:AUS: :CHI: :for: :nec: :dem:
Laibon. Mirra gets +1 stealth on (non-political) actions targetting any Methuselah's uncontrolled region. When a titled Camarilla vampire enters your ready region, Mirra is tapped and burns 2 blood.

As noted, AUS CHI on a 6 cap can be problematic. Specials seem a bit too cornercase. Perhaps replacing them with something that punishes you for having her go to torpor?

Durga Syn, ADV [9-cap; Ravnos GR4; advanced]
:CHI: :THA: :OBF: :ani: :aus: :for: :dom:
Independent [adv]. Durga can move three cards from your ash heap to the bottom of your library as a +1 stealth action that costs 2 blood. Durga pays no blood for playing combat-cards requiring chimerstry.
[MERGED] Whenever your predator or prey play a trifle master card on a vampire, Durga untaps.
Any Gangrel, Changeling or Werewolf ally can enter combat with Durga as a (D)action.

I like her. But her "trifle" special is too specific to be of any real use. Best that it be usable with any trifle.

Kerosine Kai Babyface [10-cap, Ravnos, GR4]
:AUS: :CHI: :FOR: :ani: :dem: :tha:
Laibon Magaji. While Babyface attempts a (D)action at +X additional stealth, he gets an additional +X strength during that action. He gets +1 bleed while bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready infernal minion or a Werewolf ally.

I quite like his special. AUS CHI does rear its ugly head once more, though this time it is a 10 Cap so I've got no complaint.

His text could use a bit of streamlining:
"While acting, Babyface gets +1 strength for every modifier played until the end of the current action. He gets +1 bleed while bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready infernal minion or a Werewolf ally."

Getting rid of the "during a (D) action" bit makes it a fair bit more powerful and making it being "for every modifier" helps for the many CHI/Ravnos cards that actually make the block fail or give negacept.

Drain
Last edit: 19 Jan 2012 17:08 by Drain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
19 Jan 2012 19:27 - 09 Nov 2014 13:46 #21241 by porphyrion
_ Drain, i like your rewrite of Kai!! mucho appreciado!

_ i rewrote Mirra in my last post so some of your or Ohlmann's comments on her do no longer apply, i feel. some minor further adjustments:

Mirra [6-cap; Ravnos GR4]
:AUS: :CHI: :dem: :for: :nec:
:ravn: :cap6:
Laibon. Mirra's actions cannot target an individual vampire which is older than her.

(so she could still play 'shared nightmare' or 'edged illusion', but no sensory/nightmare curse on elder vampires).

Durga Syn, ADV [9-cap; Ravnos GR4; advanced]
:adv: :ravn: :cap9:
:CHI: :OBF: :THA: :dom: :for: :ani: :aus:
Independent [adv]. Durga can move three cards from your ash heap to the bottom of your library as a +1 stealth action that costs 2 blood. Durga pays 1 less blood for playing combat-cards requiring chimerstry :chi: and/or thaumaturgy :tha: .
[MERGED] Whenever your predator or prey play a trifle master card, Durga untaps. Any Gangrel, Changeling or Werewolf ally can enter combat with Durga as a (D)action.

Kerosine Kai Babyface [10-cap, Ravnos, GR4]
:AUS: :CHI: :FOR: :ani: :dem: :tha:
:ravn: :cap10:
Laibon Magaji. While acting, Babyface gets +1 strength for every modifier played until the end of the current action. He gets +1 bleed while bleeding a Methuselah who controls a ready infernal minion or a Werewolf ally.

Violca, Flower of Yesteryear [5-cap; Ravnos. GR5]
:ANI: :CHI: :tha:
:ravn: :cap5:
Independent Anarch. Red List. Cards which change the target of a bleed action have no effect while Violca is acting. Tremere with capacity above 5 get +1 intercept against Violca.

Violca has next to no inherent bleeding ability (except for the expensive perfect clarity, and -indeed- monkey wrench). she's too low-cap for pulse o/t canaille. and not even the mighty mirror image can help. i don't think she's overpowered, especially with the Red List, which will prove quite deadly for an ill-prepared midcap, i think.

thanks for your input!

///////////////////////////////////////////

:ravn: Beating them at their own game.
:modifier: :reaction:
:chi: :pre: Gain 1 vote for each ready other independent :ravn: vampire you control.
:combat:
:chi: :pro: Gain 1 additional strike this round.
:action:
:chi: :tha: (d) Steal an equipment card from any minion.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2014 13:46 by porphyrion.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds