file Card idea: The Slump

19 Jan 2012 16:06 #21221 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Card idea: The Slump

I'd change it to "When blood or pool counters are burned, put them on this card instead. When blood or pool counters would be gained from the blood bank, take them from this card instead."

It basically empties the blood bank.

This.

I think the proposed idea is mechanically very interesting, Ankha. Floppy's sugestion makes it flow even better.

However, I agree with Ohlmann: this card hurts decks that survive by bloating while not really affecting the classic archtypes of Stealth-Bleed that survive by deflecting. Would some drawback be in order for the event? Is it's existence even a good thing?

Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2012 17:03 #21228 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Card idea: The Slump

I'd change it to "When blood or pool counters are burned, put them on this card instead. When blood or pool counters would be gained from the blood bank, take them from this card instead."

Or maybe it should just burn when a player is ousted, to avoid confusion on counter-tracking. Probably better.

Interesting card. "Zero Sum Game" is what the effect is when it enters play. Not such a bad thing. It will force games to come to a conclusion. I think it should be burned when a Methuselah is ousted. Ousts deserve to be rewarded so giving someone six hard-earned pool should happen even if the Slump Bank is empty. Plus, but this point in the game, the table is likely to collapse due to lack of blood infusions from the edge, hunts and voter captivation.

Would a vampire which plays Govern the Unaligned at DOM miss out of the Slump Bank were empty? I guess they'd have to bleed.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds