file New card ideas: Powerbase: Cairo and Powerbase: Damascus

01 Feb 2012 07:59 - 01 Feb 2012 08:01 #22164 by LunaSlave
Because I like the idea of new Powerbases and I'm inspired by the most recent one posted here... :) these are for the Independents...Giovanni already have one, and I couldn't think of a Ravnos one. The idea is that they'll do something on their own, but supplement an existing clan strategy as well.

Powerbase: Cairo
Master. Unique Location.
1 Pool
:fose: Followers of Set
Whenever your prey gains the Edge anew, move one blood from the blood bank to this card. During your master phase, you may move one blood from this card to your pool or to a Form of Corruption you control as a master phase action. Any vampire controlled by another Methuselah can burn this card as a (D) action.

Powerbase: Damascus
Master. Unique Location.
1 Pool
:assa: Assamite
When you play this card, choose a ready Assamite you control. Put X blood on this card when it is played, where X is that vampire's capacity. During your untap phase, you may move a blood on this card to your pool. If the chosen Assamite is ready and also chosen for a contract, you may move a blood to that Assamite instead. Any vampire controlled by another Methuselah can burn this card as a (D) action. Burn this card if it has no blood.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 08:01 by LunaSlave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2012 08:03 #22165 by Kraus
Very cool! :)

I like the setite one in particular - it's very much in coherence with other Setite locations that have some stealing effects of something similar; it's destroyable and costs loads of pool, and is pretty hard to combo with, like Grand Temple of Set for example.

Lovely flavour.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
01 Feb 2012 08:07 - 01 Feb 2012 08:07 #22166 by LunaSlave
Thank you! I changed the cost on the Setite one to 1 pool instead of 2, because I keep going back and forth on what it should cost...maybe 2 after all? Not sure.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2012 08:07 by LunaSlave.

More
01 Feb 2012 08:19 #22167 by Ohlmann

Thank you! I changed the cost on the Setite one to 1 pool instead of 2, because I keep going back and forth on what it should cost...maybe 2 after all? Not sure.

At this point only test can say it. It's impossible by reflexion alone to be sure of the right cost.

(no other opinion because none if thoses inspire me)

More
02 Feb 2012 19:54 #22259 by Drain

Powerbase: Cairo
Master. Unique Location.
1 Pool
:fose: Followers of Set
Whenever your prey gains the Edge anew, move one blood from the blood bank to this card. During your master phase, you may move one blood from this card to your pool or to a Form of Corruption you control as a master phase action. Any vampire controlled by another Methuselah can burn this card as a (D) action.

Very cool idea. Here are my two (well, three) cents:

- If the powerbase is fully burnable (instead of allowing a D-action to just empty it, like Madrid) then the blood counters should be movable without spending master phase actions. Otherwise its power-level will just be too low.

- Setites are really weak in the defense department and usually cannot really defend a Powerbase like this. Don't be afraid to account for that and make it a bit better. You can have this cost 0 pool or have just the counters be burnable like I described above.

- A really nice touch with the Form of Corruption interaction. One thing I would love to see added and that goes well with Setites being weak blockers is making the powerbase only be burnable/emptyable by minions without corruption counters.

Powerbase: Damascus
Master. Unique Location.
1 Pool
:assa: Assamite
When you play this card, choose a ready Assamite you control. Put X blood on this card when it is played, where X is that vampire's capacity. During your untap phase, you may move a blood on this card to your pool. If the chosen Assamite is ready and also chosen for a contract, you may move a blood to that Assamite instead. Any vampire controlled by another Methuselah can burn this card as a (D) action. Burn this card if it has no blood.

This one's a lot better but still a bit limitative. Having counters with no need of waiting for the prey to get the edge and not needing master phase actions is much better suited for the block-light independents (not counting Ravnos, of course, but then, just the idea of Nomads having a Powerbase is a bit counter-intuitive in itself).

How about expanding the card's usability like this: "When this card is played put X blood on it where X is the capacity of the oldest ready independent Assamite you control". Now you can follow up with having it give blood to _any_ Assamite you control selected for a contract while also forcing the player to use Independent Assamites (which makes sense, since Damascus is in the Middle East).

Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds