file Card Idea: Double Agent

15 Mar 2012 11:36 #25900 by Mael
Card Idea: Double Agent was created by Mael
Inspired by the recent discussion of combat in general.

Double Agent.
1 blood :blood:
:combat:
Requires a Sabbat vampire. Only usable during combat against a younger vampire if the opposing vampire would be sent to torpor. Not usable by a vampire being burnt or sent to torpor.
The opposing vampire gains one blood and is not sent to torpor, put this card on the opposing vampire.
During this vampires controllers untap phase move one pool from the controller of this vampire to the controller of the vampire who played this card.
Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor. The controller of this vampire may send this vampire to torpor as a master phase action. A vampire may only have one Double Agent.

Fluff concept: Beat the tar out of someone and then let them live if they'll work for you. For fluff, I'm unsure if it should be restricted to Sabbat clans or not.

Game purpose: To assist combat decks in ousting their prey and surviving by beating up minions. It creates an alternative win method for combat decks other than the standard Fame/Tension/Dragonbound.
It also leaves the target minion free to act for his own controller so that player can still try to play as normal if he can cope with the pool loss.

Balance: It would be very strong to have multiple of these in play at once, but I think that's balanced by the significant opportunity cost involved.
Possibly there should be a minimum capacity restriction on the card, but I think the 'younger vampire' restriction is enough.
An alternative I had been thinking was to use the same capacity restriction as Notorious Brutality. The requirement text would then be:
Requires a Sabbat vampire with capacity above 7. Only usable during combat against a vampire with capacity less than 6 if the opposing vampire would be sent to torpor. Not usable by a vampire being burnt or sent to torpor.
Personally I think that is too restrictive though.

Thoughts and feedback welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2012 11:37 #25901 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card Idea: Double Agent
Also, there may be too much text. If someone can see a way to reduce the word count without changing the cards function please do share :)

More
15 Mar 2012 12:54 #25915 by jamesatzephyr

reduce the word count without changing the cards function

Double Agent.
1 blood :blood:
:combat:
Only usable by a Sabbat vampire when a younger opposing vampire would be sent to torpor. Not usable by a vampire being burnt or sent to torpor, or if the opponent has a Double Agent.
Put this card on the opposing vampire; that vampire gains one blood and is not sent to torpor. During this vampire's controller's untap phase, move one pool from that Methuselah to the controller of the vampire who played this card. Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor. This vampire's controller may send this vampire to torpor as a master phase action.

In other news, I'd quite like a short keyword/phrase - say, Smackdown - in the rulebook that meant "Only usable with this minion has issued the smackdown, without being, err, smackeddown."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mael

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds