file Card Idea: Medicine Man

15 Mar 2012 15:09 #25930 by Klaital
Here is an idea of a generally useful ally that I thought of. I made it require laibon simply for thematic reasons as I figure all kinds of witch doctors and medicine men would be right up their alley.

Card Name: Medicine Man
Cardtype: Ally
Cost: 1 Blood
Unique Mage with 1 life, 0 strength, 0 bleed.
Requires a ready Laibon
If the action to recruit Medicine Man is succesful, untap the acting minion at the end of the turn. You may tap the medicine man to prevent 1 non-aggravated damage done to any minion in combat. Medicine Man may burn any card on a minion you control as a +1 stealth action (directed to the controller of the card, or undirected if it is controlled by you).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2012 15:14 #25931 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Card Idea: Medicine Man
I love the fact that can get ride of some very powerful card that did not have counter, like Mind Rape or the all-powerful Pentex Subvertion (as +1 stealth, and in some convoluted case can attempt both the regular +0 stealth removal and its special one).

Very very powerful with laibon tzimisces. A war ghoul fodder that cost blood, untap you, and is genericaly useful ? YES PLEASE !!!!

Allow cross-table help.

Remove Villein from your own minion. Not a big deal.

More
15 Mar 2012 15:21 #25933 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Card Idea: Medicine Man
Well all tzimisce can use Repo Man already for that same thing (war ghoul fodder that costs 1 blood and untaps you), I actually do use Repo Man in my war ghoul decks, he can first get taxicab to my guy and then become a ghoul. :)

I would think he is fairly on par with Mylan overall, doesn't have bleed or built-in survive combat ability, and is more restricted on who can get him, and in turn costs blood instead of pool and untaps at end of turn.

More
16 Mar 2012 08:11 - 16 Mar 2012 08:12 #25984 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card Idea: Medicine Man
What I like is generall idea of the card. What I don't like is that it's for laibon and not for specific clan. There is already a lot of very good cards that require laibon and they are put in all laibon decks. As a result they all are similar to itself and a lot of theme and clan feeling is lost. IMO we should introduce more good clan cards for laibon instead of just laibon cards.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2012 08:12 by alek.

More
16 Mar 2012 08:43 #25986 by Pendargon
I feel that maybe only removal of cards placed by other methuselahs is in order.

Off the top of my head, eternal mask abuse comes to mind, i am sure there is more

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
16 Mar 2012 08:55 #25988 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Card Idea: Medicine Man

I feel that maybe only removal of cards placed by other methuselahs is in order.

Off the top of my head, eternal mask abuse comes to mind, i am sure there is more

The problem with that would be that most cards played by other people on your vampires are controlled by you (pulled fangs, disarm, charnas, etc). His action only has 1 stealth and he has 1 life so its not like you can rely on him staying around for too long.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds