file Card Idea: Medicine Man

16 Mar 2012 12:07 #26001 by FrançoisV
You could word it as removal of "cards played by another methuselah on your minions", similar to Threading the Path of Orpheus or Cleansing Ritual.

Still, these existing examples of similar effects both are non permanent, have narrower requirements, have drawbacks (tap the affected minion, only usable on a younger minion...) and no more generally useful alternative effect. I'm not sure about granting such an effect tied to a permanent, with a relatively broad requirement, at a cheap cost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2012 12:24 #26003 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Card Idea: Medicine Man

You could word it as removal of "cards played by another methuselah on your minions", similar to Threading the Path of Orpheus or Cleansing Ritual.

Still, these existing examples of similar effects both are non permanent, have narrower requirements, have drawbacks (tap the affected minion, only usable on a younger minion...) and no more generally useful alternative effect. I'm not sure about granting such an effect tied to a permanent, with a relatively broad requirement, at a cheap cost.

Have you actually ever seen anyone play either of those cards you mentioned? I haven't. Because they are too narrow to be worth putting to a deck.

More
16 Mar 2012 13:01 #26005 by FrançoisV
I didn't either, but it's probably because harbinger decks are not really common and the obeah card won't remove anything from your salubri protagonist.

The question is : would it be desirable to make such an effect available on a wider scale - and as a permanent option ? Maybe the existing versions of the effect are niche one shot effects for a reason.
For example rush decks, temptation decks usually don't have any intercept. Is it a good thing to completely prevent them from faming or tempting your minions ?
The weird thing is that burning any card on one of your minions is a completely corner case effect, that probably don't support your main strategy, but having access to it with a permanent might open a can of worms... there is probably too many strategies you can mess up with it for its cheap cost.
Burning the ally upon completing his "burn card" action would prevent any abuse without removing much of its interest.
The fact that the card has an alternative effect that is more generally useful (the prevent) makes it a more viable version of the existing wallpapers already ^^ (even without the "burn card" action, preventing 1 per turn on anything is quite nice for this cost)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds