file Card Idea: Ambush Defence

17 Mar 2012 22:46 - 18 Mar 2012 20:52 #26088 by Juggernaut1981
From the thread on Ill-Gotten Gains... So below you will find a :cel::pro: card designed to be a proactive defence, rather that a purely reactive defence. The idea is taken from Familial Bond & Yawp Court with one change: It seems unfair to penalise the deck playing Celerity to basically make this card worthless with Psyche!. It should be set up so that if the opponent S:CE you can 'recover' from that by Psyche!.

Ambush Defence (Amended)
:reaction:
1 blood
Only usable once per turn per minion.
:cel: +1 intercept
:cel::pro: Only playable by an untapped minion during a bleed action before blocks are declared. This reacting vampire enters combat with the acting minion. If the acting minion is ready after the last combat between these two minions, the action continues at +1 stealth and cannot be blocked by this reacting minion.
:CEL::PRO: As :cel::pro: above, but usable on any (D) action targeting you.
The secret of a good defence, is a strong offence.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 18 Mar 2012 20:52 by Juggernaut1981.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2012 02:33 #26097 by pcgeol
Good idea, but i really think that is too powerfull because you can play it with a wake or otqv ... so a CEL pro gun become so big !
But really do'nt know how to make it violentless perhaps add:
a methuselah can only play a ambush defense per turn ...

More
18 Mar 2012 03:44 #26101 by Juggernaut1981
The drawback for this is that the minion which plays Ambush Defence cannot block if it doesn't bin the opposing minion AND the action gains additional stealth. So if you don't whack them, they get advantages against you.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Mar 2012 10:10 #26110 by pcgeol
come on .... cel pro is not a wall deck so there is no real drawback, your card just kill about half of the twd i think, it's really too strong

More
18 Mar 2012 10:22 #26114 by Ohlmann

your card just kill about half of the twd i think, it's really too strong

What ? Can you please use constructed arguments and cite real card and/or deck that would be especially impacted ?

AFAIK, wall deck based on 5+ animal retainer on a star have more or less the same kind of ability, and don't utterly destroy all deck. The card is pretty strong, the ability to stop a cross table rescue attempt a bit silly, but your opinion would be easier to swallow if you were citing card.

More
18 Mar 2012 11:49 #26115 by Klaital
I think that superior effect should also require at least basic protean, as written you don't need protean at all to play the card if you have superior celerity.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds