file Card Idea: Limb-breaking

17 Mar 2012 22:49 - 18 Mar 2012 09:24 #26089 by Juggernaut1981
From the thread on Ill-Gotten Gains... This is intended to be a proactive :pot: defence unlike Touch of Pain which is entirely reactive (because you first have to have the successful resolution of the action you wanted to stop). Many of the clans with :pot: also have access to :dom: or :aus: (i.e. Las, Gio, Ose) and would often prefer to flick the bleed rather than end it with Limb-breaking. Those that would be more likely to use Limb-Breaking as their defence would therefore be: Bru, !Bru & Gur.

Limb-Breaking (Amended)
:reaction:
1 blood
:pot: Only playable when a minion would successfully bleed you. The acting minion may take 2 unpreventable damage to cancel this card. The action ends unsuccessfully.
:POT: As :pot: above, but this may be used during a political action or any (D) action targeting you.
"Hard to break my stuff when I've broken your legs..." - Count Germaine

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 18 Mar 2012 09:24 by Juggernaut1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pcgeol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2012 02:35 #26098 by pcgeol
Replied by pcgeol on topic Re: Card Idea: Limb-breaking
sounds good :D

More
18 Mar 2012 08:38 #26107 by Ohlmann
It does work for making touch of pain playable :p

You may want to add the restriction '(D) action against you'. Cross-table bullying to prevent your prey from killing anything in addition to have a pretty good defense against bleed seem a lot.

Please not that using this and Touch of pain mean up to 4 damage on a bleeder. While useless on the late game, the fact that you can do this can change a lot of thing on the opening part of a game.

Trujah (and everything that play potence and have access to a lot of card cycling, gargoyle maybe ?) would be primaly interested, since it's less good by the end game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds