file Card Idea: War for Territory

20 Mar 2012 07:09 #26272 by Jussi
Here's my share for on-going discussion for encouraging combat decks to go forward.

War for Territory
Type: Action
Cost: 1 pool
Requires: sabbat
Requires a Sabbat vampire.
(D) Enter combat with a ready vampire controlled by another Methuselah. If the opposing vampire is not ready after this combat, put this card to the Methuselah controlling the opposing vampire; you still control this card. When bleeding the Methuselah with this card, this acting vampire may burn this card to get +2 bleed.

Ok, I admit, that this card is rather strong but has also several balancing factors: No stealth, targets vampires only, cost pool and requires to torporize or burn vampire. I'd also liked to keep it that way.

Perhaps it would be better if the card would work more like Melange (Melange is given to minion), so burning a vampire would also burn this card.

What I'd like to achieve is to have more forward momentum options for rush(y) decks. I feel, that this card doesn't totally remove other bleed enhancing options - although there wouldn't be that much need for them.

Only problem that I can see is heavy abuse of this card for clans that have easy access to stealth and combat (for example Enkidu with Form of Mist and Stutter Step+Claws combat). But those clans don't have other bleed options (not that I can recall at the moment anyway).

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2012 07:23 #26274 by direwolf
With only reading the title of the post (and the name of the card "War of Territory") my immediate thought was a location affecting card.

You want a card that helps rush decks? Here's my version"

"War for Territory"
:action:
Requires Sabbat.
(d) Enter combat with a vampire and name a location controlled by that vampire's controller. If the opposing vampire is not ready at this combat, burn the chosen location. If the Methuselah does not control a location, he or she burns a pool instead.

Burning a location tends to be a VERY underrated concept. My friend Aaron put together a TWD with four "Arson" in it. I was his prey in the final :( and "Arson" sure as hell helped him win. (the sneak and bleed helped too :P )

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
20 Mar 2012 09:30 #26283 by Klaital
Its never worth it to pay a pool for a rush. If the originally proposed card would be free then it would be ok, but with a pool cost its just bad.

More
20 Mar 2012 16:14 - 20 Mar 2012 16:19 #26295 by Reyda

Its never worth it to pay a pool for a rush.

Lorrie does not approve :trollface:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 16:19 by Reyda.

More
20 Mar 2012 21:30 - 20 Mar 2012 21:31 #26317 by Count Orlok
Inspired by the title, I just came up with an idea. This is quite different from the other ideas, and is not meant to replace them.

War for Territory
:action: Do not replace until after the action.
:pot: (d) Take control of a location controlled by your prey.
:POT: Burn a location you control to inflict 1 + x pool damage on your prey, where x is equal to the pool cost of the location.

This would be fun - comments?

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 21:31 by Count Orlok.

More
20 Mar 2012 21:49 #26319 by Klaital

Inspired by the title, I just came up with an idea. This is quite different from the other ideas, and is not meant to replace them.

War for Territory
:action: Do not replace until after the action.
:pot: (d) Take control of a location controlled by your prey.
:POT: Burn a location you control to inflict 1 + x pool damage on your prey, where x is equal to the pool cost of the location.

This would be fun - comments?

Its a cool idea, though I would prefer to change the superior to

:POT: as :pot: above, and the controller of the location burns X pool where X is the cost of the location being burned.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds