file Combat-anti-bleed-bounce modifier?

22 Mar 2012 10:52 #26413 by wastaz
I got a bit inspired by the combat-discussions going on in this forum.
I mainly agree that combat should not be an ousting method, it should be a -means-. However, I do think that bruise+bleed should work a little bit better. So, I had an idea which I thought I should share (so it can get destroyed) :)

The wording below might be a bit clunky, but hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to do here (and maybe someone can help me make my wording a bit more vtes-like).

Awesome lore-referencing card name
<some combat discipline, maybe pot or cel?>
Action Modifier
Only useable when one of your minions is blocked when bleeding another metuselah than your prey.
The bleed action is unsuccessful and the blocking minion is not tapped. Choose one of your preys ready minions, your minion and the chosen minion enters combat. Your minion gets an optional [manuever/press/banana] during this combat.

What I am hoping this card (when a bit more polished) will do:
* Make bleed-bounce weaker.
* Make it easier to end up in combat with the "correct" vampire.
* Give bruise+bleed a card that gives that archetype something similiar to spying mission for stealth+bleed.
* Still not encourage bruise+bleed to bleed at a lot of stealth (thus the requirement to be blocked)

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 11:30 #26419 by alek
I think it's to weak to see play. The problem is a big opportunity cost. Spying mission sees a lot of play because it has different effects at inferior and superior, additionally it can be played at superior not only in case of bounce.
If you would add some inferior effect f.e. cel: Maneuver or press, CEL: your effect; it would be much better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
22 Mar 2012 14:34 - 22 Mar 2012 14:37 #26430 by Surreal
The funniest thing is that this kind of card already exists. Some players just don't realise it or have the card but there is a very good reason. Card is Tangle Atropos' Hand potence version. That is very good anti bounce card and works great with bruise%bleed style. It works good especially if minions has permanent rush. You bleed and get bounced, play Tangle. You can now rush (or bleed again if you have more +bleed cards in hand). There are other great uses with Tangle also. Here is a deck example:

www.lordoftheclog.blogspot.com/2012/03/danish-national-championships-2012.html

It is just horrible horrible design to make very hard to get and sought after Temporis card inferior potence version very good. I could maybe understand design little better if potence version would require necromancy or smthing but potence is one of the most basic discplines in game! Ok that rant done.

Anyway I would like to see how make Tangle pot version available to every player with some new card. Tangle already helps Lasombra power bleed so I wouldn't want superior version to help that even more. Superior version should help combat more. Here is a idea:

<insert cardname> :modifier:
1 :blood:
Only usable when a minion is attempting to block.
:pot: Cancel the action and untap the acting minion. (The blocking minion is not tapped.)
:POT: As above, and this minion must enter combat with a ready minion controlled by his or her prey as a D action (unless the minion must hunt) as next action. This minion gains +1 strenght during that action.

Superior version could be anything. Rush works great like I said Tangle helping minions with permanent rush. I would like that to be available to other minions also. Now there is good reason just play inferior potence version sometimes also.

Actually this kind of card is number one card I would want to see in future pdf sets. We want potence version of Tangle available!
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 14:37 by Surreal.

More
22 Mar 2012 14:44 #26431 by alek
if you want just an anti bounce tech you can include change of target. It's free (unlike tangle) and requires no discipline

More
22 Mar 2012 15:26 - 22 Mar 2012 15:40 #26435 by Surreal

if you want just an anti bounce tech you can include change of target. It's free (unlike tangle) and requires no discipline

Change of target is not really anti bounce tech. Tangle and CoT seems very similar at first but they fill different roles in a deck. They are not really so comparable. Lets use bleeding example.

You bleed get bounced and play CoT. You just lost 1 card (+bleed cards) and bleed action. Other player lost 1 card.

You bleed get bounced and play Tangle. You just lost 1 card (+bleed cards). Other player lost 1 card.

Huge difference. Player who uses bounce is always safe from bleed with CoT.

Change of Target is used more in tap bleed style decks which has lot of actions to waste preys blocking cards (usually some embraces also). Toreador antribu breed is a good example. Tangle is used in decks where you want your one important action to hit the target. Like big bleed in that deck posted. I don't think that Stefan's deck would be very good with change of targets. I am also fan of that style decks and is one of few decks I can see bruise module really work and Tangle really shines in that deck. Also I don't understand why I should use CoT when Tangle is available (it is just too hard to get b/c design mistake).
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 15:40 by Surreal.

More
22 Mar 2012 16:11 #26440 by Dorrinal
Change of Target is anti-wake tech, but it is very handy to have when zero-stealth bleeds get bounced around the table.

:trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds