file new event type

15 Mar 2013 05:59 #46088 by direwolf
new event type was created by direwolf
I had an idea for a new event type:

"Masquerade Breach"

The concept is that these cards allow vampires to break the masquerade for an immediate gain, but with possible long term penalties.

Some examples:

"Conspicuous Feeding"
:event: Masquerade Breach
Any non-Red List vampire with 0 blood may attempt a hunt action at zero stealth to gain 4 blood. The vampire is now Red List.

"Grand Theft Auto"
A vampire may equip with the first vehicle in your library (do not pay pool cost and shuffle afterward.) This vampire gains a number of Breach counters equal to the pool cost of the vehicle. Vampires with Breach counters burn a blood and a Breach counter during his or her controller's untap phase.

"Homicidal Intent"
Any Methuselah may use a master phase action to mark a mortal ally. That Methuselah's vampires may enter combat with the marked minion as a (d) action. The vampire gets an optional press in the resulting combat. If the ally is burned, the vampire burning it becomes Red List.

"Circumspect Discipline Use"
Do not replace until you are bled for more than 2.
Whenever a vampire bleeds for more than 2, he or she gains a Breach counter. Vampires with a Breach counter pay an additional blood for cards that increase bleed and require a discipline.

"Archon Intervention"
Vampires do not burn Breach counters. If the Breach counters on a vampire equal or exceed the capacity of the vampire, burn this card and the vampire.

"In the Wake of the Elder"
Once each turn a vampire with capacity greater than 7 may burn a blood to untap and gain a Breach counter. The vampire must attempt an action which is at -1 stealth. Untapped, ready vampires above 7 capacity may burn a Breach counter at the end of his or her controllers turn.

"Harry the Camarilla"
Any Sabbat vampire may gain a Breach counter to tap a Camarilla vampire as a (d) action. Camarilla vampires may enter combat with vampires with a Breach counter as a (d) action.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2013 06:17 #46090 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: new event type
Cool concept, I like it. It gets a bit weird though that only Camarilla follow the Masquerade, lorewise. Perhaps that thing can be tweaked a bit.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
15 Mar 2013 07:39 #46091 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: new event type
"Conspicuous Feeding" - nice
"Grand Theft Auto" - lol-nice
"Homicidal Intent" - broken against imbued, illogical: why i'm a red list if i kill a mortal?
"Circumspect Discipline Use" - nice
"Archon Intervention" - nice, but "burn breach counters"? i cant see where's the rule to burn them
"In the Wake of the Elder" - nice, but somewhat broken
"Harry the Camarilla" - nice

--
to change "Homicidal Intent":
- change name
- change text:
Any Methuselah may use a master phase action to mark a mortal ally. That Methuselah's vampires may enter combat with the marked minion as a (d) action. The vampire gets a breach counter after resulting combat. Mortal allies may enter combat with vampires with a breach counter as a (d) action.

More
15 Mar 2013 08:06 #46092 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: new event type
I don't feel weird that any vampire, camarilla and other, have problems if they are too obvious.

Now, being Red list because you left a corpse in a trash bin seem overly harsh lore wise ; in card game, red list is mild enough to not be a problem.

It's a bit strange you need an event to be able to do that however.

More
15 Mar 2013 08:09 #46093 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: new event type
I am not sure these cards should be events. I mean, none of those are events by themselves. Maybe they should become "Unique Master. Put this card in play..." type of cards.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
15 Mar 2013 08:18 #46094 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: new event type
"Grand Theft Auto" is actually too strong - you get to equip without an action (which is very strong) AND you get to pay (probably) pool cost with blood AND you pay it over time. And you can do it as many times as you want.

If there is a downside to this card, I don't see it.

"Homicidal Intent" might actually be too weak, since it only works on mortal allies. I'd make it either to work on all allies or ditch the master phase cost. Perhaps a clause that you can't have more than one 'mark' at any given time...

"Circumspect Discipline Use" is very very strong, especially in decks that don't bleed themselves. Again, I don't see a downside to this card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds