file [Submission] Devourer (HoS action card)

24 Oct 2014 13:38 - 24 Oct 2014 13:41 #66935 by hardyrange

I knew I had forgot something. It's not supposed to burn events. Or could it?

Well, as it is written, it would be effective against
  • master cards (that have been put into play)
  • events
  • equipment
  • action cards/action modifier cards/reaction cards (that have been put into play)
  • convictions
  • powers
Obviously, no objections against the last two... B-)
But I am not fully sure if that is just too powerful?

There are some cards out there that allow removiung cards on a minion, like Cleansing Ritual. Maybe compare the scope of this proposed card with those?

"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Last edit: 24 Oct 2014 13:41 by hardyrange.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2014 15:59 - 24 Oct 2014 17:02 #66938 by Ohlmann

There are some cards out there that allow removiung cards on a minion, like Cleansing Ritual. Maybe compare the scope of this proposed card with those?

Cleansing ritual, who is almost never played and have 0 deck in secret library with it. Same thing for Treading the path of Orpheus. A somewhat closer example is Black Hand Ritual, who is played and useful, but not terribly popular.

With the clause non-event, I am not sure I would bother with it, thinking about it. Too cornercase.

To wits, what can reasonably be destroyed by that outside of event ? Equipment, preferably not concealable ; locations ; a slew of uncommon masters, like Guardian Angel or Bleeding the Vine ; and some nice but uncommon cards like Sensory deprivation.

That's certainly not horrible, but it also mean the card have a real odds of not doing anything at all in a game, and when it do have target it's a stealthless and costly in blood action.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2014 17:02 by Ohlmann.

More
24 Oct 2014 17:50 - 24 Oct 2014 17:52 #66939 by brandonsantacruz
I would totally put a copy in my hos decks. It can burn enkil cog, soul gem, heart, bow , bowl, no secrets, dreams, etc.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 24 Oct 2014 17:52 by brandonsantacruz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
25 Oct 2014 11:22 #66948 by Ashur

Name: Devourer
Cardtype: Action
Cost: X blood
Clan: Harbinger of Skulls
(D) Burn a card in play that is not a minion, where X is the cost of that card.

A bit too flexible methinks. First, make it non-event.

Also, I don´t see how it works thematically. But I´m not that well-versed in the HoS-lore.

HoS are support vampires that lack some distinctive useful action cards. Threading the Path of Orpheus is a terrible card for instance.

Agreed. Horrible design. Sad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
25 Oct 2014 14:18 #66951 by Ohlmann

It can burn enkil cog, soul gem, heart, bow , bowl, no secrets, dreams, etc.

But it's bad at burning equipment, no secret, and dreams, due to cost (both in blood in action), and due to being blockable. So, yes, you gain something versatile, who regulary will jam you due to no good target, and who require stealth support that HoS are bad at giving.

Even for burning Enkil Cog, I find that pretty costly for "just" removing the card, since getting it don't cost an action, but burning it cost one.

I don't mean it's horribly unplayable without being able to burn events. I mean that I am not sure to get enough mileage out of that to actually play it.

More
26 Oct 2014 03:09 #66958 by Juggernaut1981
I'd throw one in a HoS deck for the same reason I pretty much always consider having a Canine Horde in a deck running Animalism. Just so you can trash a certain set of cards with a little luck without ruining your day and if you don't see it early it isn't that vital anyway. It's why sometimes Fast Hands is tempting in Celerity Combat and Fractured Armament seems tempting in a Potence deck... one copy isn't going to ruin your day but it might get you that little advantage you need.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds