file Weak Clans and How We Can Help Them

13 Nov 2011 01:07 #14074 by Jerkface
The biggest issue in balance between Nos vs !nos, Brujah vs !brujah, and gangrel vs !gangrel i see is the fact that Prince Tech affects the prince deck only (2nd gets untap + intercept, 3rd, 4th and 5th are blood/pool management and weenie makers, not to mention Parity Shift). All of which are useful regardless of what the rest of the table is playing. The majority of Archbishop tech requires you to be playing against Sabbat to be useful.

Nos prince decks are pretty darn good, !nos archbishop decks are not as good. The same goes for Brujah, and Gangrel (though !brujah are doing better, they still don't hold up as well as Brujah princes)

I'd recommend making stronger Archbishop tech that doesn't break the more successful Sabbat clans. I suppose that is the tricky part. Giving Sabbat a 2nd tradition would make Tzimisce terrifying. I'll think on this some.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 00:03 #14494 by Lech

The biggest issue in balance between Nos vs !nos, Brujah vs !brujah, and gangrel vs !gangrel i see is the fact that Prince Tech affects the prince deck only (2nd gets untap + intercept, 3rd, 4th and 5th are blood/pool management and weenie makers, not to mention Parity Shift). All of which are useful regardless of what the rest of the table is playing. The majority of Archbishop tech requires you to be playing against Sabbat to be useful.

Nos prince decks are pretty darn good, !nos archbishop decks are not as good. The same goes for Brujah, and Gangrel (though !brujah are doing better, they still don't hold up as well as Brujah princes)

I'd recommend making stronger Archbishop tech that doesn't break the more successful Sabbat clans. I suppose that is the tricky part. Giving Sabbat a 2nd tradition would make Tzimisce terrifying. I'll think on this some.

Problem lies in design of sabbat related cards. They are not strong enough to focus on them unlike prince/justicar stuff.

Sabbat have few neat masters, but they are not really better than generic masters (below power level of lilith's blessing, villein, pb:montreal, the rack, dreams) and none of good ones is trifle. When playing sabbat you can consider some of them, but it dont increase power level of the deck in any meaningful way.

Sabbat have nearly no good actions, abbot and MAYBE eternal vigilance are the only ones i would consider in, rest of them are fail actions (even cardinal benediction) and not worth the slot.

Action Modifiers, here stealth ritus and private audience are only cards worth mentioning, and both of them are very weak cards, not worth playing in top tier decks.

Every equipment is so full of fail it's not even funny, i wouldn't play them even if they would be equipped on +9 base stealth.

There are not even one sabbat reaction worth playing. Ever.

Cammy boys have great actions (parity shift), great reaction (2nd) and great master (temptation of greater power). All of them are nearly auto included into decks that meet requirement to play those cards as their power level is insane. Sure, they have just closed session as action mod, and it would be better that private audience if sabbat would be better than it currently is.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds