file serpentis card - 2 submissions: asp tongue and serpent gaze

25 Nov 2016 09:50 #79227 by snegiem
Tongue of the asp
combat card
cost: 1 blood
ser: play before range, this vampire hand strikes are aggravated this turn.
SER: as above but for the combat and each round this vampire can gain after damage resolution 1 blood for each damage successfully inflicted with hand strikes.
Reference: level 2 of serpentis inflicted aggravated damages as allowed to steal blood.
Interest: serpentis is a very strange and kind of toolbox discipline (corruption, stealing blood from the edge, modifying votes, stealth...)... on the other hand (almost) only the sethites got it... when you compare the actual serpent tongue (only usable at close. Stealing blood) with the steal blood of thaumaturgy (usable at ranged) for the same levels or cobra fangs (sending in superior a vampire in torpor) with wolf claws (which wasa level 2 disciplines in the book and which allows to do aggravated damages)... let s say that serpentis are a kind outplayed by the other disciplines...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2016 10:05 - 25 Nov 2016 10:41 #79228 by snegiem
Hypnotizing gaze:
Cost none
ser: combat card. play before range, this combat using maneuver and/or press cost the opposing minion one more blood. Only one hypnotizing gaze can be played per combat.
SER: action modifier: play when you announce the action, reaction cards cost one more blood this action. If any combat happens this action, the acting minion can use the effect above.

Reference: level 1 of serpentis. Other vampire had to spend willpower to avoid being paralyzed.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2016 10:41 by snegiem.

More
25 Nov 2016 19:04 #79245 by Bayou
'Tongue of the Asp' is the same power that 'Tongue of the Serpent', there are powers of Serpentis with variations of its name in different books; 'Hypnotic Gaze', i haven't read or remember it, but could happen the same, its power effect is the same as Level 1 'Eyes of the Serpent'. The two powers are made in card.

Otherwise, as a curiosity, the powers of Serpentis 'not in card' are:
-Aspect of the God (L6)
-Breathe the Sandstorm (L6)
-Breath of the Basilisk (L6)
-Obsession (L6)
-Ophidian Infestation (L6)
-Seed of Corruption (L7)
-Apep's Semblance (L8)
-Body of the Great Lord Set (L8)
-Heart Thief (L8)
-Pact with Ra (L9)
-Shadow of Apep (L9)

And also there are a lot of powers of Sorcery, Ritual, Revelations, etc not made in card.

:SER: *:abom: *:fose: *:visi: *:doca: *:laso: *:ahri: *

More
28 Nov 2016 12:57 - 28 Nov 2016 13:04 #79299 by snegiem
:blush: I don t have all my whitewolf books with me but these disciplines evolved not only in name but also abou the effects:
Eyes of the serpent:
First version (players companion): you succeed a willpower roll, you paralyze the victim as long as you keep eyes contact
(Even if most storysteller allowed a way or the other to resist)
dark ages: allow to attract people look on a manipulation+etiquette roll. Then the vampire can hypnotise them as the first version.
v20: people seeing the eyes of the vampire get paralyzed. Tests are required only to hypnotize supernatural beings and if successful even if they are attacked by the sethite they shall spend willpower to break free from the charm.

about serpent tongue:
Players guide: inflict aggravated damages
revised edition and v20: inflicts aggravated, induce same effects as the kiss (stealing blood, inducing ecstasy effect, ...) + allow limited extra perception in darkness

I agree with you that many of the serpentis disciplines levels have not yet proper cards.... but it really seems to me.that the present cards for serpent tongue and serpent eyes are very low in power and effect...
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 13:04 by snegiem.

More
28 Nov 2016 19:11 #79320 by Bayou
There are variations in the powers (as the rules and rpg game evolved also) but are low and the effects are 'literary' the same. And i agree that (especially) Eyes of the Serpent could be better.
But some cards could be changed in the future for better without errating, with new synergies or combos with future cards.
As a Followers of Set fan, i hope to see new cards from the more than 40 setite powers not made in card yet. And more than 140 setite chars... Fanboy rant! :)

:SER: *:abom: *:fose: *:visi: *:doca: *:laso: *:ahri: *

More
29 Nov 2016 12:14 #79342 by snegiem
Another "remade" came to my mind yesterday:
As slippery as Serpents scales
combat card
Cost x
ser: play before range. A minion can have only one "as slippery as serpents scales. Put this card on this vampire with x counter.
this vampire can burn at any time a counter to prevent 1 non aggravated damage or to cancel a grapple card. Presence cards cost the vampire with this card one more blood. Burn this card wheb it has no counter.
SER: as above but with x+1 counter and the card can burn during any methuselah untap.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds