22 Jun 2017 20:22 - 06 Jul 2017 13:15 #82299 by jblacey
Name: Suppress the Beast
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: None
Capacity: Not applicable
Clan: NA
Discipline: Abombwe or Presence
Only usable before range is determined.
:pre: Frenzy. This round of combat, the opposing minion is immune to any other frenzy cards and has -2 strength.
:abo: as :pre: and they must burn a blood to use hand strikes.
:ABO: as :abo: and they are locked and this card is attached to them. During their Methuselah's next unlock phase, they don't unlock then burn this card.
Flavor text: "To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. -- Sun Tzu"

Art Notes: A large vampire curled into a ball. His head tucked, with arms wrapped around his legs.

World of Darkness reference: Abombwe and Presence both have way to silence the beast in other others. It is not the main power of those disciplines but it is the mostly common used aspect.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: This gives Abombwe a lock option and supplement's their combat. In addition, many presence primary classes lack a way to use presence defensively in combat without ending the combat. Specifically Toreador antitribu and Brujah/Brujah Antitribu should be able to use presence to disarm their opponent without ending combat. In addition, Akunanse have some presence and this opens the door to cross crypts with Ahrimane in the future.

Created by: Justin Lacey

Update: July 6th 2017
Here is text from the last update

So something interesting that I didn't expect in testing. Combat decks using hand strikes are surprisingly rare. Most of the time the opponent is going to avoid or if they do combat, then weapons or aggravated damage are likely. If I was to play Suppress the Beast in a combat deck what I really want it to do is to not have to spend all my rush options going backwards. Also I found that Abombwe does not need more combat cards. What they need is more defensive options. However, I did find that the :ABO: text was quite nice. In any case, I did a redesign to focus on the lock mechanism. Now it should slow a predator down. The :ABO: is very flexible as it is usually used to cancel bleed modifiers or stealth.

Suppress the Beast
:reaction:
Only usable during a (D) action against you (or a card you control). Only one Suppress the Beast can be played each action.
:pre: At the end of this action, lock the acting minion and attach this card to them. The attached minion cannot unlock. Burn this card during your next unlock phase.
:abo: as :pre:
:ABO: as :abo: and cancel an action modifier :modifier: played during the current action.
"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. -- Sun Tzu"
Last edit: 06 Jul 2017 13:15 by jblacey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds