file Submission: Obvious Intentions

28 Jun 2017 20:11 - 06 Jul 2017 16:32 #82395 by jblacey
Name: Obvious Intentions
Cardtype: Political Action
Cost: None
Capacity: Not applicable
Discipline: Auspex or Melpominee
Clan: None
:aus: Choose a card in an ash heap. Successful referendum means put this card in play with the chosen card under it. When another copy of the chosen card is played, increase the cost of the copy by a pool. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn these cards as a +1 stealth political action.
:mel: as :aus: and vampires must burn a blood to play the chosen card.
:MEL: as :mel: and when a Methuselah discards the chosen card they burn a pool.

Flavor text: "“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Art Notes: An old parchment with written in small text with large letters above that says "Banned".

World of Darkness reference: Auspex has multiple ways to gain insight into the actions of other vampires. For the sake of choosing one I will go with Auspex 6: The Mind Revealed Players Guide to High Clans Pg. 150, which allows you to read someone's mind like an open book. Melpominee has multiple abilities to deliver a suggestion within a message and they have the ability to inflict a derangement on those that hear such as Melpominee 7, Haunting Melody from Lore of the Bloodlines Pg. 27.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: This gives Daughters of Cacophony another way to directly interact with cards of another player. Since they lack a way to easily intercept their predator and find their actions easily blocked by their prey, this is a flexible card that can slow an aggressive predator while providing an option to threaten their prey.

Created by: Justin Lacey

Update: July 6th 2017
Here is text from the last update

This card does not need the :mel: text addition. The pool damage is enough, adding the blood loss is too much, otherwise it does exactly what you would expect usually punishing one dimensional bleed decks by increasing the cost of Deflection, Govern the Unaligned or Villein. One of the more interesting aspects of this card is since it effects your own cards, you are more likely to want to use cards that other players are less likely to be using. Surprisingly this card is quite good in a Nosferatu Antitribu voting deck. It isn't bad for Harbinger of Skulls though it does punish Giovanni. In fact, if someone has access to Auspex and they are playing a voting deck... then at least 1 copy of this card is likely to be an auto-include.

Obvious Intentions
:political:
:aus: Choose a card in an ash heap. Successful referendum means put this card in play with the chosen card under it. When another copy of the chosen card is played, increase the cost of the copy by a pool. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn these cards as a +1 stealth political action.
:mel: as :aus:
:MEL: as :mel: and when a Methuselah discards the chosen card they burn a pool.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Last edit: 06 Jul 2017 16:32 by jblacey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds