file Submission: Sewer Shelter

23 Mar 2018 09:53 - 23 Mar 2018 09:53 #85971 by Ankha
Name: Sewer Shelter
Cardtype: Reaction
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Unique. Only usable when a minion is bleeding you for 1 or more.
Put this card in play. You do not burn more than 2 pool when a minion bleeds you, regardless of the amount of the bleed. Burn this card at the end of the minion phase.

I'm not sure Nosferatu antitribu are the more in need of this kind of card, but it's a new option for them anyway.

What do you think? Should it be a Gangrel antitribu card instead?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 09:53 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 10:09 - 23 Mar 2018 10:12 #85974 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Sewer Shelter
Nah, Gangrel got shit already. Also, some super powerful singleton vampires.

Nossies are a weird thing lore wise. I got the impression that most nosferatu cards should actually be offered to both Nos proper, as well as antitribu. Unless it's clearly sabbat or camarilla specific, of course.

I like most Nosferatu ideas when they appear. I like this one as well.

I get a feeling that you can't really make too powerful effects for the poor sewer rats. They're not going broke any time soon.

Should there be a clause to enable it only if you have more nossies ready than other clans or something? Anything to do with your own bleed actions? Keep it in play until the end of YOUR phase and make this reacting vampire get -bleed or something? If you attach it, a wacky player could rush the attachee to torpor and resume bleeding those sixes.

Just ideas.

Also, I'd love to get more ideas for Nosferatu ousting power. Everyone thinks that they're frail, which they are, but once again, surviving doesn't win you games. Ousting does. They got Inside Dirt, but did anyone brake the card?

I think I have to dig up those scry+pool damage cards I suggested some time back...

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 10:12 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
23 Mar 2018 10:29 #85975 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Submission: Sewer Shelter
The thing is that Nosferatu antritibu have access to Animalism already to protect themselves from bleed (Raven Spy + Rats Warning or wakes), that why I was feeling it may be redundant.

Anyway, you have to survive to be able to oust. Decks without defense are usually ousted before they oust someone.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
23 Mar 2018 10:44 - 23 Mar 2018 10:45 #85978 by Bloodartist

Also, I'd love to get more ideas for Nosferatu ousting power. Everyone thinks that they're frail, which they are, but once again, surviving doesn't win you games. Ousting does. They got Inside Dirt, but did anyone brake the card?

I'm working on a nosferatu deck atm, and I feel that nossies (and by extension !nos) have decent defense via animalism that gives intercept, and good combat via either animalism or potence. I think defense is not as big a problem as their ousting power.

If you want to help !nos specifically, you could give them a retainer that gives permanent +2 bleed for 1 blood cost, with the requirement of only being an !nos. This would allow them to recruit it and then bleed with a big pile of vermin channels . There's your ousting power :)
To make it even better it could be an animal retainer that you could use pack alpha to recruit.

I already tried to make a deck like this, but so far the only real option for +bleed for this deck is laptop, and its not quite good (or fast) enough.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Mar 2018 10:45 by Bloodartist.

More
23 Mar 2018 14:32 #85987 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Submission: Sewer Shelter

Should there be a clause to enable it only if you have more nossies ready than other clans or something? Anything to do with your own bleed actions? Keep it in play until the end of YOUR phase and make this reacting vampire get -bleed or something? If you attach it, a wacky player could rush the attachee to torpor and resume bleeding those sixes.

I think defense is not as big a problem as their ousting power.

Hmm, wondering if these ideas could be combined? We're always talking about how Dominate is top-tier with bounce. How about a bounce-like effect instead?

Put this card in play. You do not burn more than 2 pool when a minion bleeds you, regardless of the amount of the bleed. When you are successfully bled, place a counter from the blood bank for each pool in excess of two on this card. When a Nosefatu antitribu declares a bleed action, they may burn up to two counters from this card. That vampire gets +1 bleed for each counter burned that way. Burn this card at the end of your next turn.

This creates a bounce-like effect that provide defense against large bleeds while generating offense for the coming turn.

More
24 Mar 2018 17:11 #86027 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Sewer Shelter

Put this card in play. You do not burn more than 2 pool when a minion bleeds you, regardless of the amount of the bleed. Burn this card at the end of the minion phase.

I'm not sure Nosferatu antitribu are the more in need of this kind of card, but it's a new option for them anyway.

What do you think? Should it be a Gangrel antitribu card instead?

Truthfully, I don't think this card is good enough. Both Gangrel anti and Nosferatu anti have better options for bleed defense. The real issue is outst potential which both need more options.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds