file Submission: Pheromones (Reverse Hidden Lurker)

25 May 2018 13:30 #87506 by LivesByProxy
Name: Pheromones
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 :blood:
Capacity: n/a
Discipline: :ani: :pro:
Clan: n/a
Text:
:ani: +1 intercept vs. vampires of the same clan or their antitribu clan.
:ani: :pro: Only usable after combat. After this combat, choose another vampire of the same clan or their antitribu clan as this vampire. The chosen vampire enters combat with this vampire.
:ANI: :PRO: As above, but the chosen vampire may be of any clan or antitribu clan.

Flavor text: n/a

Art notes:
Bloody female Gangrel !gang! standing over wounded male Gangrel she has just fought off, with more male Gangrel in the foreground and background (a wooded clearing) leering at and approaching her.

World of Darkness reference: n/a

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
So the flavor is suppose to be that your vampire attracts (in an animalistic / instinctual way) the presence of another vampire. In the game, this takes the form of a luring them into combat, so to speak. It’s like a reverse Hidden Lurker . Potentially makes rush-combat more powerful since you can 2 for 1 your opponent’s vampires. It would be similar to a form of multi-acting. It also gets two potential blockers out of the way with 1 card (and one action), since the vampire drawn into combat would tap from entering combat, no? In that sense it's like a control card. I made it require Animalism and Protean because that captures the idea of pheromones best. Animals are driven by instinct and biology, and Protean represents physical and biological changes, i.e. hormones.

Created By: Tyler Mathis

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2018 14:02 - 25 May 2018 14:24 #87511 by Kraus
This is actually very interesting, and probably falls into an excellent niche if it were implemented into the game. It is really hard to word correctly however.

It's not really that awesome as some might think, since new combats require new sets of combat cards, so bigger cap :PRO: :ANI: vampires have limited combats they can leverage per game. It does compress actions though, if not card slots. At first glance it's more powerful in decks that grind with abilities, not cards that much.

The fun thing here is how it's limited - you can't pinpoint and kill singluar vampires, something you'd most often like to do. That Arika is safe after a single Majesty, but Marcus Vitel (a secondary target most likely) is now on the chopping block.

Compared to other combat clans, Gangrel might really need something (besides off-clan :CEL: or :AUS: ) to actually deliver their combat packages. It's surprisingly well balanced, I feel, and it's power level can be easily monitored since :ANI: and :PRO: is mainly reserved for big and mid caps.

Do you want the chosen vampire to rush the acting vampire, like Deep Song, or is that relevant? I would probably make it similar to Deep Song by adding Frenzy and saying "--that vampire enters combat with this vampire as the acting minion". Or whatever Deep Song's wording is.

Did you mean it to be able to target minions from other controller as well? Like, you (A) rush (B.), but after that combat re-rush another Gangrel from (C). That makes it that much more powerful as it skips the reactions from (C). Should be carefully thought of.

I'm building a G4-5 big cap Gather deck atm, and their biggest weakness seems to be their inability to deal with S:CE and stuff like that. This would fit in there really, really nice.

The problem here is how to word it. I get what you're trying to do, but now it checks:

-if you're of the same clan (Gangrel vs Gangrel or !Gangrel vs !Gangrel)
-the corresponding !clan (Gangrel vs !Gangrel)

But not:

-if you're !Gangrel and would try to rush Gangrel.

Add :reaction: and :modifier: respectively for :ani: level and the rest.

I'll try to think how this could be worded.

Krausedit\\ It actually has very little to do with Hidden Lurker though. :D We already have a reverse Hidden Lurker for :AUS: in Fast Reactions.

Krausedit2\\ Celeste is the only 5-cap that can use it on superior. She's a staple in :ANI: weenies, but if you want consistency, you'll need to go 6-cap. G3-4 or 4-5 can fit 3 midcaps under 7 that can use it on superior. 7-cap and up are way more numerous. That makes for an acceptable power level in my opinion.

it's hilarious how up to 5-cap only Bela has :ani: :pro: and a clan worthy of seeing play. Others are Gangrel, Ravnos or Tzimisce. Malks might fear clan hate. And it's really hilarious thinking about a Bela deck where he's just so obscene for others of his kind that his "clan mates" just rush in to punch his ridiculous face. :D

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 25 May 2018 14:24 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
25 May 2018 18:28 - 25 May 2018 18:31 #87520 by Kraus
Name: Pheromones
Cardtype: Action Modifier / Reaction
Cost: 1 :blood:
:reaction: :ani: +1 intercept, only usable when a vampire sharing the clan name (antitribu or not) with this reacting vampire is acting.
:modifier: :ani: :pro: Frenzy. Only usable after combat ends. Choose another vampire sharing the clan name (antitribu or not) with this acting vampire. That chosen vampire enters combat with this vampire, and is considered the acting minion in combat.
:modifier: :ANI: :PRO: As above, but choose any vampire.

It's really hard wording this right. If any other cards that check the same heritage would be made, it could be defined easily in the rulebook (with some remainder text in cards).

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 25 May 2018 18:31 by Kraus.

More
25 May 2018 20:07 - 25 May 2018 20:09 #87523 by jamesatzephyr

It's really hard wording this right. If any other cards that check the same heritage would be made, it could be defined easily in the rulebook (with some remainder text in cards).

I wouldn't waste a rule-based keyword on that. Effects that only work when someone randomly plays the same clan/antitribu as you are really too random to be reliable. Oh look, my Gangrel antitribu deck is sat on a table with a !Tor Foundation Exhibit deck, weenie DEM, an Imbued deck, and a Howler deck. Gangrel, or Gangrel antitribu, zero.
Last edit: 25 May 2018 20:09 by jamesatzephyr.

More
25 May 2018 20:09 - 25 May 2018 20:09 #87524 by jamesatzephyr

It would be similar to a form of multi-acting. It also gets two potential blockers out of the way with 1 card (and one action), since the vampire drawn into combat would tap from entering combat, no?

No.

Entering combat does not lock you. Four things lock you:

1) Taking an action
2) Successfully blocking an action
3) Invoking the slave rule
4) Card text telling you to

A successful (unblocked) Bum's Rush does not lock the target.
Last edit: 25 May 2018 20:09 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
25 May 2018 22:11 #87529 by LivesByProxy
@Kraus: Thanks for the input and suggestions. I like specials that create interaction between clans, even if the odds of seeing that clan are rare.

@James: I think the splitting of clans into their Camarilla and !antitribu counterparts was a mistake, as were Imbued and implementing the bloodlines as 'clans' (they should've shared the same clan as their parent clan, Ahrimanes being classified as Gangrel, for example.)

But, that's just, like, my opinion, man. :lol:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds