file POT and Melee helpers

06 Jul 2018 13:00 #88591 by Ratadin
Punching through the ribs
:combat:
Potence
Only usable at close range after this minion sucessfully deals damage with a hand or melee strike
:pot: Put this card on the opposing minion. This minion cannot block or play reactions card. During any action, this minion can burn 2 blood to burn this card. A minion can only have 1 Punching through the ribs.
:POT: As above, but burn 1 pool instead.

Why this card?
Potence lacks major ways to oust their prey, usually having to rely on other disciplines to do so, or on obliterating their prey minions to proc things like fame or tension in the ranks, although this usually means that their meta-prey lacks a real predator, giving them an edge on the game.

This cards add both a way to do what POT do (punch their enemies into submision) by forcing their enemies to waste blood to block, or to give them an additional way to "bleed": either you allow me to bleed you for X, or you gotta pay pool to block me or redirect me.

I feel the card isn't strong enough to do real damage on your prey with POT, but it allows for mono-potence decks to be able to harm their prey without destroy the balance between preys and predators as it usually do.

Lethal
1 :pool:
:combat:
Only usable before range is determined
Attach this card to a melee weapon.
Vampires has to burn an additional blood to be able to heal non-agravated damage done by this weapon. A weapon can only have 1 Lethal.

Why this card?
As we were talking in another thread, melee weapons are way less useful than ranged weapons, as ranged weapons tend to pack maneuvers that allow the minion to avoid damage on most combats. To counter this, melee would need to either need to be very powerful, or to pack gimmicks such as enter combat actions or prevention.

While creating new melee weapons could be interesting, it can also be problematic as it doesn't help all the previous melee weapons created, and create a situation of "only X melee weapons are usable". This card allows for a permanente, very damaging way of improve already existing weapons, allowing weapons with low damage and interesting effects to be playable, it empowers discipline-related improvements with melee weapons to work even better, and it doesn't stop both hand combat and ranged combat from being different (as they keep their grapple/maneuver gimmick). Also, this doesn't stop fortitude/combat end from working, so enemies aren't defenseless against this weapon, but would need to pack some defense or decide when to use their already existing defenses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2018 18:26 #88781 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic POT and Melee helpers
I wanted to respond to this the other day.

So I kinda like these ideas, as rough drafts. I think I'd call the 1st one "Hemorrhage" and the 2nd "Lethality". I like how the 2nd one turns any melee weapon into a mini Sword of Nuln.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds