file submission: Shape the Stone

25 Oct 2018 22:01 #91494 by GreyB
Name: Shape the Stone
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: :tha:/:vis:
+1 stealth action
:tha: Put 2 blood from the bloodbank on a Slave Gargoyle in your uncontrolled region
:vis: Put this card on this Gargoyle. Burn this card to prevent up to 4 damage in combat.
:VIS: as :vis: above with an optional press when you burn this card.

Art notes:
Comical style art: A Gargoyle cementing rocks on his skin with a trowel.

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
Primarily A means to accellerate high(ish) capacity slave gargoyle decks with a secondary function to boost the Gargoyles in visceratika damage prevention and press capabilities.

Created by: me

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2018 23:02 - 25 Oct 2018 23:07 #91497 by jamesatzephyr

:tha: Put 2 blood from the bloodbank on a Slave Gargoyle in your uncontrolled region
:vis: Put this card on this Gargoyle. Burn this card to prevent up to 4 damage in combat.
:VIS: as :vis: above with an optional press when you burn this card.

The Vis levels seem possibly underwhelming, in that having to take a whole action to do it seems likely to be frustrating. Perhaps if the superior was a free untap, rather than the optional press?

Not sure if it should be stackable, though I don't have a strong opinion on that.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2018 23:07 by jamesatzephyr.

More
25 Oct 2018 23:13 #91498 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic submission: Shape the Stone
The Vis version is basically crappier Ablative Skin (since you have to use all the prevent at once). Overall, I think this would be better as an action requiring tremere or !tremere with this text.
+1 stealth action.
'Add two blood from the blood bank to a gargoyle enslaved to the acting vampire's clan in your inactive region, or to a ready gargoyle you control enslaved to the acting vampires clan.'

More
26 Oct 2018 07:54 - 26 Oct 2018 07:58 #91512 by jamesatzephyr

The Vis version is basically crappier Ablative Skin (since you have to use all the prevent at once). Overall, I think this would be better as an action requiring tremere or !tremere with this text.

Making it just a Tremere/!Tremere card, prompted this idea:
+1 stealth action
Put this card on a Gargoyle enslaved to this acting vampire's clan and move two blood counters to that Gargoyle from the blood bank; that Gargoyle may be in your uncontrolled region. The attached Gargoyle may burn this card in combat to prevent up to 3 damage.
A Gargoyle may have only one Shape the Stone including, if the Gargoyle is in the uncontrolled region, any copies that would otherwise be considered out of play.

That last sentence could probably be tightened up a bit, but you get the point, I hope - slightly slower acceleration/blood gain, but with the flavour of the damage prevention still worked in.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2018 07:58 by jamesatzephyr.

More
26 Oct 2018 08:34 #91515 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic submission: Shape the Stone
I don't like the fact that the vis/VIS version is basically a card that requires both Visceratika and being played by Gargoyle, which prevents any other vampire (mainly !Tremere) from playing it...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds