lightbulb Mitosis Twin (Protean)

02 Jan 2020 01:35 #98380 by LivesByProxy
Mitosis Twin
:action: +1 stealth action.
Cost: 2 :blood:
:pro: This vampire may take two minion phase actions next turn; the first does not lock him or her.
:PRO: Put this card in play, locked; it becomes a non-unique vampire of the same clan as the acting vampire, with the same capacity, sect, traits, titles, and other special text (it does not contest any of these with the acting minion); move up to 2 blood from the acting vampire to this new vampire. If either minion leaves the ready region, the other is burned.

Rationale: A sort of mirror image of Dual Form, which is a cool Protean card, and does something very Protean - no other discipline does this effect to my knowledge. (It is conceivable that :OBT: could have a similar effect.) I think VTES needs more interesting and good library cards.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2020 15:44 #98384 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Mitosis Twin (Protean)
I don't see the point in re-creating Dual Form...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Jan 2020 15:55 #98385 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Mitosis Twin (Protean)
Dual Form copies: clan, capacity, disciplines.
Mitosis Twin copies: sect, traits, titles, specials.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
03 Jan 2020 07:07 #98392 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Mitosis Twin (Protean)

Dual Form copies: clan, capacity, disciplines.
Mitosis Twin copies: sect, traits, titles, specials.

It just looks like a Dual Form on steroids.

Mitosis Twin
Rationale: A sort of mirror image of Dual Form, which is a cool Protean card, and does something very Protean - no other discipline does this effect to my knowledge. (It is conceivable that :OBT: could have a similar effect.) I think VTES needs more interesting and good library cards.

Why don't you just say that you find Dual Form weak, and that you would like nerf it to make it better?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Jan 2020 13:49 #98399 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Mitosis Twin (Protean)

It just looks like a Dual Form on steroids.

Well I did use Dual Form as a reference.

Why don't you just say that you find Dual Form weak, and that you would like nerf it to make it better?

Because I don't? I think Dual Form is one of the better and more interesting Protean cards, with Form of Mist being the best in my opinion.

This card idea has very limited application, but it could be interesting to build around. You're getting a copy of your :PRO: vampire with no disciplines, so it's helpless if it gets successfully rushed. It can't bleed or take actions without some kind of support like Cloak The Gathering. It's useful for getting extra static votes, counting traits like Black Hand for card effects, and using special text abilities. It can potentially play some discipline-less reaction cards.

I think my history on VEKN forums shows I've been consistently asking for stronger cards and more interesting effects, but that I am against nerfing cards and that I am against printing strictly better versions of old cards - even the wall-paper ones.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds