file [Submission]Smudge, Democritus, Anneke, Progeny Tokens & More!

09 Jan 2020 20:29 - 01 Apr 2020 17:28 #98493 by Arthur Volts
GROUP 1
(Right click file attachment, open in new tab to view.)

Smudge, Emissary of the Ancients

www.drivethrucards.com/product/298957Smudge, Emissary of the Ancients

The new man in black.

Name: Smudge, Emissary of the Ancients
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Caitiff
Level: Advanced
Group: 1
Capacity: 5
Discipline: ani for obf pot pre pro
Advanced. Independent. Red list:
Blood Hunts cannot be called on Smudge.You gain 1 pool when a vampire is diablerized.
Burn if you drop below 10 pool.

MERGED: +1 Bleed. +1 Strength.

Art notes: The picture provided. I own the rights and have permission.

World of Darkness reference: Original Jyhad '94 release.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Group 1 needs more attention. A majority of the original groups advanced versions aren't very good at all and Smudge is a minor celebrity everyone loves.

Created by: Arthur Volts

Democritus, The Ivory Pillar

www.drivethrucards.com/product/303764/Democritus-The-Ivory-Pillar--Custom-Card?src=newest_community

Name: Democritus, The Ivory Pillar
Clan: Ventrue
Capacity: 10
Discipline: PRE FOR DOM CEL AUS pot
Advanced. Camarilla Ventrue Justicar:
Can place the top card of your ash heap into play face down to contest any library card as a +1 Stealth action costing 2 blood. If you win, remove both from the game. Democritus can pay the cost in blood for any cards you contest.
MERGED: +1 Hand Size. +1 Strength.

World of Darkness reference: Original Jyhad '94 release. Democritus is an old and powerful Ventrue who served as Justicar to his clan from 1504 until, at least, the 16th century.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Group 1 needs more attention. A majority of the original groups advanced versions aren't very good at all.

Natasha Volfchek

www.drivethrucards.com/product/303783/Natasha-Volfchek--Custom-Card?src=newest_community

Name: Natasha Volfchek
Capacity: 9
Discipline: PRE FOR DOM pot cel
Advanced. Camarilla Primogen:
While she is ready, Primogen you control can play cards requiring a Prince.
MERGED: Titled Camarilla & Sabbat vampires cannot play cards or use abilities requiring a sect while she is acting.
Each ready Primogen has +1 vote.

World of Darkness reference: Original Jyhad '94 release. Group 1.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: Group 1 needs more attention. A majority of the original groups advanced versions aren't very good at all.

Anneke, The Ivory Shield

www.drivethrucards.com/product/304011/Anneke-The-Ivory-Shield--Custom-Card

Name: Anneke, The Ivory Shield
Clan: Toreador
Capacity: 10
Discipline: PRE DOM CEL AUS pro for
Advanced. Camarilla Toreador Justicar:
Once per turn, any titled Camarilla vampire can lock to unlock Anneke or she can burn any discipline card from your hand to reduce a bleed by 1.
MERGED: Princes get -1 bleed while bleeding you.
+1 Strength.

Helena Casimir, Lictor

www.drivethrucards.com/product/304182

Name: Helena Casimir, Lictor
Capacity: 9
Discipline: PRE POT DOM for cel
Advanced. Camarilla Primogen:
Can search your Library or Ash Heap for any card requiring a Camarilla vampire and move it to your hand as a +1 Stealth action.
MERGED: While acting, if another minion uses a card requiring a sect, remove that card from the game.
+1 Master.

Last edit: 01 Apr 2020 17:28 by Arthur Volts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2020 01:04 #99033 by Arthur Volts
Looking for input on the new content.

More
03 Mar 2020 18:38 - 08 Mar 2020 16:17 #99174 by Arthur Volts
My Progeny & Creation Rites series. I sent an email to request if they could include a "no discipline" option for vampires.

Malkavian Progeny

Malkavian antitribu Creation Rites

Tzimisce Creation Rites

Tremere Progeny
This is what an "Embrace & Progeny" would look like.

Ventrue antitribu Creation Rites

Anarch Convert (Female)

Appolonius (Advanced)
(For Tim Bradstreet fans. Black and white now with some colour and added blood.)

Lambach Ruthven (Advanced)
Last edit: 08 Mar 2020 16:17 by Arthur Volts.

More
04 Mar 2020 10:49 #99176 by Kraus
I will have you know that i think alternative art Anarch converts would make for absolutely astounding promo products!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
04 Mar 2020 15:26 #99178 by self biased
I don't really have an opinion on the cards beyond feeling that they're a bit much, but seeing them renews my vast disappointment that artist credits aren't a thing for the official card creator.

More
04 Mar 2020 17:45 - 04 Mar 2020 18:26 #99179 by Arthur Volts

I will have you know that i think alternative art Anarch converts would make for absolutely astounding promo products!

Thanks. That's one of the better ones I cooked up. The Tzimisce Creation Rites is the same person.

I don't really have an opinion on the cards beyond feeling that they're a bit much, but seeing them renews my vast disappointment that artist credits aren't a thing for the official card creator.

I suppose they are a bit much, because group one isn't much of anything compared to the power creep of vampires in later sets. That, and group 1 only gets one partner grouping. A solution would be to allow group 1 to use the newest group. So, right now group 1 could use group 2 or group 6.

Justicars are sadly under powered. They are meant to be some of the most feared ranked camarilla that could visit a Princes city and if they were running it poorly, dispose of said Prince. High caps in general seem under powered compared to other groups.
Primogen as well. Often overlooked.

They can always be dialed back. Haven't done any play testing with them yet.

I agree about the artist credits. They replaced that with a disclaimer when you upload it. You need the rights to an image to upload it. I'm guessing that is to save them from liability. I would also rather a symbol of some kind on the card instead of the "Not for legal play."

I own all the images on these cards apart from Appolonius. I did send a message off to Tim Bradstreet to ask permission.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2020 18:26 by Arthur Volts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds